Chapter 1 - Unrest in Baromenes

TheWordWeaver

Dae Dae

AC: 13 | HP: 27/27 | Spells: 4/4, 1/2 | Sorrowful fate: 1/1 | Protection from good/evil 0/1 | Inspiration: 1/4 | Passive Perception: 14 | Condition: Normal

Dae nodded to Damaia... she wasn't sure either, but it was Billie's words that rang in her mind. So, its up to us to save the world or something.  How's that sittin'?

Aloud, Dae responded, leaning back in her seat and wrapping her arms around herself as if she to reassure herself. "It's hard to believe and I don't think I would believe it but for one thing today... Death." She shivered as if feeling the creature's presence once more and hugged herself even tighter.

"Today, Death, the Herald of Siarus, came to us... spoke to us... and perhaps even helped us. That. That is what is making me take this all as real." She paused and leaned forward, not letting go of herself, but sparing a glance around to ensure noone was eavesdropping on their conversation.

"To be truthful, I've been wondering why Siarus would care to help us and I have a theory... less than that, I have a guess. I am wondering, as Deypho denied it... if it was Siarus who sent the nightmares... ensuring our arrival here on this day. And, why does he care? He cares because The Corruptor is cheating him and breaking the natural order... by keeping the souls of the dead here, instead of allowing them to pass to his domain, the underworld."

She looked around the table to gauge the expressions of her new companions. Was she crazy?

OOC

Main hand: herself

Off hand: herself

Edited by ariel
fixing verb tenses (see edit history)

line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png 

The Serene Holds of Urzoa

Chapter 1: Unrest in Baromenes                                                                                                                                                          Part 1: A Gathering of Wanderers

HD-wallpaper-city-of-athens-art-world-gaoart-fantasy-luminos-gao-ciy-athens.jpg.4f2c51e1f451f6a5cd65fbad03e41b2a.jpg

🎵Theme🎵

PART 1:
A GATHERING OF WANDERERS

As the party gets settled and their conversation continues Aria appears at their table side. "How's everything tasting?" She asks switching out empty Amphorae for fresh ones and topping off the water pitcher. With her, Aria carries a small tray that holds five small shot glasses. Each was filled with a spiced rum and a piece of mint.

"This is from the gentlemen over there," Aria said gesturing to the Sailors who were now making their way out of the Pillar. The Drow Dae had described was the last to leave and he gave the group a wink before leaving as well. "Would yall like anything else? If not I'll leave you to it." She finished with a smile.

Baromenes
5:15 pm
Wineday (Wednesday), 17th of Midsummer, 495 AC

SCENE INSTRUCTIONS

Great RP so far yall.

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."
Passive Perception: 17 | Spell Slots 0/2 (1st)

"How's everything tasting?"

Mags offered Aria that awkward smile patrons use when their mouth is not quite empty of food and the barmaid has just popped in to ask how everything tastes. He nodded--as if that meant something. 

Surprised and pleased that the sailors had sent five shot glasses and not just four, he reached for one. Rum was the only liquor he enjoyed. He didn't immediately drink, but raised the glass and nodded his thanks to the departing sailors. He caught the dark elf's wink and his glance shot to Dae as he grinned.  

His mouth now void of meat pie, he spoke. "Nice of them to include me along with the rest of you. I'd have expected them to only send four glasses--for the ladies at the table."

A thought suddenly came to mind--an obvious reason why he might have been included. His face reddened and he muttered an, "Oh."  

Now who's missing the obvious motivations of lonely sailors?

He looked to Dae somewhat apologetically. 

When Aria had departed, he shot a sidelong glance to Billie before speaking up. "I was just telling Billie that I'm an Oracle. I was four or five years old the first time I saw a vision in which I was fighting with others to save the world. I guess it's fair to say I got over it years ago."

As Mags continued, something changed in his demeanor. He seemed more self-assured, his words coming easily, his eyes meeting those seated at the table with none of the hesitancy he'd previously displayed. "I can't control the visions. They come from the Gods and I often don't understand them. Especially the visions of our battles to save the world. Some are just brief flashes. Puzzle pieces. Some involve symbols open to interpretation. But I've seen all of you before, in one form or another. I think."

He turned to meet Billie's gaze with warmth and some small degree of playfulness. "My visions of Billie were always of her childhood--she was eight, ten, sometimes twelve or thirteen, but never beyond that. For some reason, in the visions of our fight to save the world, she's still a girl, but fighting with the ferocity of a crazed berserker."

He was speaking with unmistakable familiarity--as if reminiscing about old friends. His eyes shifted from Billie to Dae and he continued. "My visions of Dae are all in the future--I've never seen anything of her past. At least, I don't think so. But in the future, she has saved my life more than once. And your lives too. She's kinda like the heart of our team."

There was genuine gratitude in his words, as if Dae had already saved his life.

His gaze shifted to the tiefling. "I've never seen all of Damaia in my visions. My view of her head was always blocked by the red banner of her company fluttering about her. She may feel like she made a poor impression today, but I've seen enough to know better. She's an anchor in battle and she's pretty damned impressive." 

Finally, he turned to the remaining elf, meeting her gaze with a furrowed brow that bespoke curiosity and some confusion. "Lu has also been concealed from me. I've never seen her face or form in visions. And perhaps that's for the best," he joked, "her beauty might have been too much for my teen years."

"For some reason, Lu appears in my visions as a shadowy form attacking enemies with a heavy arcane tome.  Or at least, I assume it's Lu--the Book Basher is the only remaining individual in my visions of the five heroes. This is some of that symbolism I mentioned. Likely, it represents Lu's knowledge and spell craft."  

Mags finished his sayings and took a sip from the shot glass. He assumed they'd have questions. Better to get them out of the way now. 

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 

Note 1: Current spells active: Mage Armor, Mage Hand.  

Statblock

Male Human (Varient) Rogue (Arcane Trickster) 3

Languages Halaea Common, Grehesian Common, Khazian Common, Malek Common, Celestial, Irodesi, Thieves' Cant

Background Hedge Wizard Background Feature The Common Folks' WizardWhen you arrive in smaller communities in your role as hedge wizard, you receive free lodging and food of a modest standard. In addition, your work (reading fortunes, conducting séances, providing herbal remedies to the sick, selling protective trinkets...) leads your clients to open up and tell you things, allowing you access to information they might not publicly share about themselves or others in their community.

StrSave +0
Athletics +0
10 DexSave +6*
Acrobatics +4 | Sleight of Hand +11* | Stealth +8 (E)
18 ConSave +2
No skills associated.
14 IntSave +4
Arcana +4 | History +2 | Investigation +4 | Nature +2 | Religion +2
14 WisSave +3
Animal Handling +3 | Insight +5 | Medicine +3 | Perception +7 (E) | Survival +3
16 ChaSave +0
Deception +2 | Intimidation +0 | Performance +0 | Persuasion +0

ProficiencyTools: Thieves tools (+5 Pick Locks*), herbalism kit
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Armors: Light
Bonus +2 Saving Throws Dex, Int

Speed 30 (60 w/Cunning Action Dash)

Actions

• Booming BladeEvocation cantrip
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Self (5-foot radius)
    Components: S, M (a melee weapon worth at least 1 sp)
    Duration: 1 round

You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack's normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, the target takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.

This spell's damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).
  • Dagger +6 to hit for [1d4+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] piercing damage. | Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)
  • Dart +6 to hit for [1d4+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] piercing damage. | Finesse, thrown (20/60)
  • Sling +6 to hit for [1d4+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] bludgeoning damage | Ammunition (30/120)
  • Knife +6 to hit for [1d3+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] slashing damage | Finesse, light

Bonus Actions

• Knife (2 Weapon Fighting) +6 to hit for [1d3 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] slashing damage | Finesse, light
  • Cunning ActionStarting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. (Dash, Disengage, Hide, Mage Hand LegerdemainStarting at 3rd level, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible, and you can perform the following additional tasks with it:

>You can stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.
    >You can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
    >You can use thieves' tools to pick locks and disarm traps at range.

You can perform one of these tasks without being noticed by a creature if you succeed on a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check contested by the creature's Wisdom (Perception) check.

In addition, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to control the hand.
    )
  • Steady AimAs a bonus action, you give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven't moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

Reactions

• Silvery Barbs1st-level enchantment
    Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when a creature you can see within 60 feet of yourself succeeds on an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw
    Range: 60 feet
    Components: V
    Duration: Instantaneous

You magically distract the triggering creature and turn its momentary uncertainty into encouragement for another creature. The triggering creature must reroll the d20 and use the lower roll.

You can then choose a different creature you can see within range (you can choose yourself). The chosen creature has advantage on the next attack roll, ability check, or saving throw it makes within 1 minute. A creature can be empowered by only one use of this spell at a time.
  • Opportunity Attack (with additional Sneak Attack)

Other/Free Actions

• Oracle's InsightThe gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Spell Save DC: 12 | Spell Attack Mod: +4

Cantrips Booming BladeEvocation cantrip

You brandish the weapon used in the spell's casting and make a melee attack with it against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, the target suffers the weapon attack's normal effects and then becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves 5 feet or more before then, the target takes 1d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.

This spell's damage increases when you reach certain levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target on a hit, and the damage the target takes for moving increases to 2d8. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level (2d8 and 3d8) and again at 17th level (3d8 and 4d8).
 | Mage HandConjuration cantrip
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 minute

A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within range. The hand lasts for the duration or until you dismiss it as an action. The hand vanishes if it is ever more than 30 feet away from you or if you cast this spell again.

You can use your action to control the hand. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it.

The hand can't attack, activate magic items, or carry more than 10 pounds.
 | MessageTransmutation cantrip
Range: 120 feet
Components: V, S, M (a short piece of copper wire)

You point your finger toward a creature within range and whisper a message. The target (and only the target) hears the message and can reply in a whisper that only you can hear.

You can cast this spell through solid objects if you are familiar with the target and know it is beyond the barrier. Magical silence, 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood blocks the spell. The spell doesn't have to follow a straight line and can travel freely around corners or through openings.
 | Minor IllusionIllusion cantrip
Components: S, M (a bit of fleece)

You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.

If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else's voice, a lion's roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.

If you create an image of an object—such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest—it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube. The image can't create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it.

If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature.
| PrestidigitationTransmutation cantrip
Range: 10 feet
Duration: Up to 1 hour

This spell is a minor magical trick that novice spellcasters use for practice. You create one of the following magical effects within range:

>You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor.
>You instantaneously light or snuff out a candle, a torch, or a small campfire.
>You instantaneously clean or soil an object no larger than 1 cubic foot.
>You chill, warm, or flavor up to 1 cubic foot of nonliving material for 1 hour.
>You make a color, a small mark, or a symbol appear on an object or a surface for 1 hour.
>You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

Spells Disguise Self1st-level illusion
Range: Self
Duration: 1 hour

You make yourself—including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person—look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller and can appear thin, fat, or in between. You can't change your body type, so you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs. Otherwise, the extent of the illusion is up to you.

The changes wrought by this spell fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example, if you use this spell to add a hat to your outfit, objects pass through the hat, and anyone who touches it would feel nothing or would feel your head and hair. If you use this spell to appear thinner than you are, the hand of someone who reaches out to touch you would bump into you while it was seemingly still in midair.

To discern that you are disguised, a creature can use its action to inspect your appearance and must succeed on an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC.
| Find FamiliarCasting Time: 1 hour
Components: V, S, M (10 gp worth of charcoal, incense, and herbs that must be consumed by fire in a brass brazier)

You gain the service of a familiar, a spirit that takes an animal form you choose: bat, cat, crab, frog (toad), hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider, or weasel. Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the familiar has the statistics of the chosen form, though it is a celestial, fey, or fiend (your choice) instead of a beast.

Additional animal form choices may be available at the DM's discretion.

Your familiar acts independently of you, but it always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar can't attack, but it can take other actions as normal.

When the familiar drops to 0 hit points, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. It reappears after you cast this spell again. As an action, you can temporarily dismiss the familiar to a pocket dimension. Alternatively, you can dismiss it forever. As an action while it is temporarily dismissed, you can cause it to reappear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of you. Whenever the familiar drops to 0 hit points or disappears into the pocket dimension, it leaves behind in its space anything it was wearing or carrying.

While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.

You can't have more than one familiar at a time. If you cast this spell while you already have a familiar, you instead cause it to adopt a new form. Choose one of the forms from the above list. Your familiar transforms into the chosen creature.

Finally, when you cast a spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell. Your familiar must be within 100 feet of you, and it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll.
| Mage Armor1st-level abjuration
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (a piece of cured leather)
Duration: 8 hours

You touch a willing creature who isn't wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends. The target's base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.
 |
Silvery Barbs1st-level enchantment
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when a creature you can see within 60 feet of yourself succeeds on an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw

You magically distract the triggering creature and turn its momentary uncertainty into encouragement for another creature. The triggering creature must reroll the d20 and use the lower roll.

You can then choose a different creature you can see within range (you can choose yourself). The chosen creature has advantage on the next attack roll, ability check, or saving throw it makes within 1 minute. A creature can be empowered by only one use of this spell at a time.

Rituals Augury2nd-level divination (ritual)
Casting Time: 1 minute
Components: V, S, M (specially marked sticks, bones, or similar tokens worth at least 25 gp)

By casting gem-inlaid sticks, rolling dragon bones, laying out ornate cards, or employing some other divining tool, you receive an omen from an otherworldly entity about the results of a specific course of action that you plan to take within the next 30 minutes. The DM chooses from the following possible omens:

>Weal, for good results
>Woe, for bad results
>Weal and woe, for both good and bad results
>Nothing, for results that aren't especially good or bad

The spell doesn't take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion.

If you cast the spell two or more times before completing your next long rest, there is a cumulative 25 percent chance for each casting after the first that you get a random reading. The DM makes this roll in secret.

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)

image.png.c10c75ae87ff3a4c8be5b579a00cc1a8.png Lulani Zenar'inan - Shadar Kai Hexblade Warlock of the Tome  

AC: 14 | HP: 21/22 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 13

Lulani listened intently to the others as she took her time with her food. She thought about her sister's question, her mind wondering if this was the first time the world had to be saved. She wondered if it was saved before, did the savior or saviors know that was their job? She suspected that as long as there was someone or something that saw the future, it would see the possibility of the world as they knew ending. Otherwise, what good would it be? Her gaze caught Mags, thought about the dream and wondered if the dreams were the exact same. He was an oracle, but wasn't the only one that saw the future. Her head slightly cocked to the side at Dae's comment. It made sense, she nodded just enough to indicate that she agreed with the thought. 

"The food and drink are very delicious, thank you. I am interested in what might be a desert for after I finish this fantastic pie.", she smiles at Aria. "Oh?~", she takes the shot offered and puts it down. She couldn't help but be a bit suspicious and figured at least one or two of the others might be too. Why were the sailors, or perhaps just one, buying them shots and leaving? She offers them a smile anyway, rather they caught it or not while they were leaving wasn't really her concern. Her eyebrow peaked as Mags reddened slightly, it took her a moment, but she figured it out. A sly smile replaced the grateful one, "You do have a fair face." 

Lulani met Mag's gaze, her smile faltering slightly as she heard he had not seen her in his visions. It returned quickly, once he mentioned a shadowy figure with a tome. For a moment she was a bit concerned why she would be the only one excluded, but the shadowy figure must be her. It was a bit odd how his visions worked.... or really how the gods showed him things? Was it the gods? Did it have to be? Could a person not have a gift that no one gave them? She stopped her mind from going down that rabbit hole. There were no answers to those questions, at least not now. Her hand had went to her black book. It was covered by her cloak, to protect it from food or drink spilling from the table. Part of her didn't think it needed the protection, but she wasn't about to test it. 

"Perhaps we should share our dream of the end? Just to see if any are different. There may be important information there." , she keeps her voice low. She closed her eyes and shared her own dream.As far as I know we all have the same dream. The one pitched in the game add. So, she goes over that.

Info

I'm not really sure what the limitations of message are. If someone can't speak to multiple people, then I'll edit.

Used:

Spell Slots: 1/2

Blessings of the Raven Queen 1/2

Hexblade's curse dies when grey-skinned man dies. Lu gains no healing and can not use it again until she finishes a short or long rest.

Dark shard amulet on prestidigitation to clean herself from yucky.

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)

ye1F5FJ.png.6cac4f82ac1cb4afb0b9ab93aff59262.png.44127cbd6d684a58743afbb076accbe4.pngWilhelmina "Billie" Zenar'InanShadar Kai Echo Knight Fighter  

AC16 | HP: 35/35 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13

She chuckled as Dae mentioned death showing up, not because what the fox was saying was funny, it was a terrifying event and thinking back on it sent  shivers up Billie's spine.  No, the funny bit was that it had actually slipped her mind.  A meeting with death, just like that, poof gone.  She'd been more interested in this last battle, a chance to fight something truly epic and and the Halyanic games. "Pfft..." Stifling the chuckle, she shook her head and sipped her wine while listening to Mags talk.  He talked a lot, often he seemed to have a lot to say, most of it she just tuned out after a while, after it wasn't about her, instead listening to the bards play across the Pillar.  She was relieved, and flopped forward, letting her chair land back on four legs as the tray of drinks was delivered, she immediately took one and raised it in thanks to the sailors, and then poured it back.  "Ahhh... oh that's go a nice finish.  Things are swell Ari, I'll have some desert too, and another  round of these for the table.She added pointing circularly to the five tiny glasses. 

Billie watched Ari leave, she'd really have to get one of those tunics... they looked very comfy, she smiled at her sister's attempt at privacy and discussion of dreams.  "Nah Lulu, I'd bet they over there have more interesting stories than the bit we're talking about.  Nobody cares that much about what other people are saying in a tavern, unless you're the one entertaining.  Especially not dream talk... but really, I'm not ready."  She took Lulani's glass up, raising it in askance and when her sister shook her head, she continued to talk, gesturing with it in hand.  "I mean, I can fight, I can fight damn well, I've built a fine reputation on it and what I'm about to say I'd stake my reputation on:  I'm not ready to fight whatever was in that picture.  We'll die." She then threw back the second rum.

"I mean, it's not like that matters.  We're in this now and we came out of that first scrape without even a... well a scrape." She took up a third shot now, not even bothering to ask if anyone wanted it, but she could have been talking about a humorous anecdote rather than the fate of the world  "If we're gonna live, assuming you lot want to, we'll need to get the rest of those metal bits and maybe make some friends.  You all can work out those details better than me.  But, I need to take part in those games tomorrow." She to wasn't joking, she looked Lulani dead in the eye and threw back her third shot, then double knocked the glass on the table.  A sign her sister would know well as Billie deliberately digging her her heels.  "We just all happen to be called, us the chosen champions of the gods,  here the eve of the games?  Well Mags, I'm no Oracle, but with the flair for the dramatic that Death had, well... I know what I'm doing and winning might get us some bloody grace of the gods that we'll bloody well need if we're going to survive this bloody mess... now if you'll excuse me... Aria should replace those... best we enjoy every minute of it."

She then took the last shot and walked away with it.  Approaching the table of veterans, she held the glass up high and called loudly. "A drink to the fool who'll dance with me, ya?!"

Dice Ex Mechina

Main Hand: Nada
Off Hand: Deux Nada

Action 1: 
Non-Action: 
Bonus Action: 

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."

"You do have a fair face."

Mags showed no sign of discomfort at Lu's attention. He only nodded a polite acknowledgement and thanks. When she shared her recurring nightmare dream, he confirmed with a nod that his dream had been one in the same. 

He listened with polite interest to Billie's views. For someone who craved stimulation over conversation, she sure talked a lot. He smiled at the warrior woman's defiant intention to participate in the Halaean Games the following day. A powerful enemy was looking for them in the city and Billie wanted to strut her stuff before the gathered crowds of the entire region? His smile grew weary as she joined the crowd at the veterans' table. 

"Didn't see that comin'," he muttered.  

He looked to Lu as if she might be able to rein in her sister and prevent her from participating in the games. Finding no hope on the lovely elven face, he turned back to Dae.

"I think you're right about death's involvement in all of this. The enemy's methods are an offense against the natural order of life and death. But I'm intrigued by your suggestion that Siarus sent our shared vision. How might Siarus' role in sending the vision prove helpful to us?" 

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 

Statblock

Languages Halaea Common, Grehesian Common, Khazian Common, Malek Common, Celestial, Irodesi, Thieves' Cant

Background Hedge Wizard Background Feature The Common Folks' WizardWhen you arrive in smaller communities in your role as hedge wizard, you receive free lodging and food of a modest standard. In addition, your work (reading fortunes, conducting séances, providing herbal remedies to the sick, selling protective trinkets...) leads your clients to open up and tell you things, allowing you access to information they might not publicly share about themselves or others in their community.

StrSave +0
Athletics +0
10 DexSave +6*
18 ConSave +2
No skills associated.
14 IntSave +4
14 WisSave +3
16 ChaSave +0

Actions

• Dagger +6 to hit for [1d4+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] piercing damage. | Finesse, light, thrown (20/60)
  • Dart +6 to hit for [1d4+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] piercing damage. | Finesse, thrown (20/60)
  • Sling +6 to hit for [1d4+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] bludgeoning damage | Ammunition (30/120)
  • Knife +6 to hit for [1d3+4 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] slashing damage | Finesse, light

Bonus Actions

• Knife (2 Weapon Fighting) +6 to hit for [1d3 (+2d6 w/sneak attack)] slashing damage | Finesse, light
  • Cunning ActionStarting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action. (Dash, Disengage, Hide, Mage Hand LegerdemainStarting at 3rd level, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible, and you can perform the following additional tasks with it:

>You can stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.

You can perform one of these tasks without being noticed by a creature if you succeed on a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check contested by the creature's Wisdom (Perception) check.

In addition, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to control the hand.
    )
  • Steady AimAs a bonus action, you give yourself advantage on your next attack roll on the current turn. You can use this bonus action only if you haven't moved during this turn, and after you use the bonus action, your speed is 0 until the end of the current turn.

Reactions

Other/Free Actions

• Oracle's InsightThe gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within range. The hand lasts for the duration or until you dismiss it as an action. The hand vanishes if it is ever more than 30 feet away from you or if you cast this spell again.

You can use your action to control the hand. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it.

You point your finger toward a creature within range and whisper a message. The target (and only the target) hears the message and can reply in a whisper that only you can hear.

You can cast this spell through solid objects if you are familiar with the target and know it is beyond the barrier. Magical silence, 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood blocks the spell. The spell doesn't have to follow a straight line and can travel freely around corners or through openings.

You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.

If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else's voice, a lion's roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.

If you create an image of an object—such as a chair, muddy footprints, or a small chest—it must be no larger than a 5-foot cube. The image can't create sound, light, smell, or any other sensory effect. Physical interaction with the image reveals it to be an illusion, because things can pass through it.

If a creature uses its action to examine the sound or image, the creature can determine that it is an illusion with a successful Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC. If a creature discerns the illusion for what it is, the illusion becomes faint to the creature.

This spell is a minor magical trick that novice spellcasters use for practice. You create one of the following magical effects within range:

>You create an instantaneous, harmless sensory effect, such as a shower of sparks, a puff of wind, faint musical notes, or an odd odor.
>You chill, warm, or flavor up to 1 cubic foot of nonliving material for 1 hour.
>You make a color, a small mark, or a symbol appear on an object or a surface for 1 hour.
>You create a nonmagical trinket or an illusory image that can fit in your hand and that lasts until the end of your next turn.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have up to three of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

You make yourself—including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person—look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller and can appear thin, fat, or in between. You can't change your body type, so you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs. Otherwise, the extent of the illusion is up to you.

The changes wrought by this spell fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example, if you use this spell to add a hat to your outfit, objects pass through the hat, and anyone who touches it would feel nothing or would feel your head and hair. If you use this spell to appear thinner than you are, the hand of someone who reaches out to touch you would bump into you while it was seemingly still in midair.

To discern that you are disguised, a creature can use its action to inspect your appearance and must succeed on an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC.
Components: V, S, M (10 gp worth of charcoal, incense, and herbs that must be consumed by fire in a brass brazier)

You gain the service of a familiar, a spirit that takes an animal form you choose: bat, cat, crab, frog (toad), hawk, lizard, octopus, owl, poisonous snake, fish (quipper), rat, raven, sea horse, spider, or weasel. Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the familiar has the statistics of the chosen form, though it is a celestial, fey, or fiend (your choice) instead of a beast.

Your familiar acts independently of you, but it always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar can't attack, but it can take other actions as normal.

When the familiar drops to 0 hit points, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. It reappears after you cast this spell again. As an action, you can temporarily dismiss the familiar to a pocket dimension. Alternatively, you can dismiss it forever. As an action while it is temporarily dismissed, you can cause it to reappear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of you. Whenever the familiar drops to 0 hit points or disappears into the pocket dimension, it leaves behind in its space anything it was wearing or carrying.

While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.

You can't have more than one familiar at a time. If you cast this spell while you already have a familiar, you instead cause it to adopt a new form. Choose one of the forms from the above list. Your familiar transforms into the chosen creature.

Finally, when you cast a spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell. Your familiar must be within 100 feet of you, and it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll.

You touch a willing creature who isn't wearing armor, and a protective magical force surrounds it until the spell ends. The target's base AC becomes 13 + its Dexterity modifier. The spell ends if the target dons armor or if you dismiss the spell as an action.
 |

Components: V, S, M (specially marked sticks, bones, or similar tokens worth at least 25 gp)

By casting gem-inlaid sticks, rolling dragon bones, laying out ornate cards, or employing some other divining tool, you receive an omen from an otherworldly entity about the results of a specific course of action that you plan to take within the next 30 minutes. The DM chooses from the following possible omens:

>Weal, for good results
>Woe, for bad results

The spell doesn't take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion.

If you cast the spell two or more times before completing your next long rest, there is a cumulative 25 percent chance for each casting after the first that you get a random reading. The DM makes this roll in secret.

Dae Dae

AC: 13 | HP: 27/27 | Spells: 4/4, 1/2 | Sorrowful fate: 1/1 | Protection from good/evil 0/1 | Inspiration: 1/4 | Passive Perception: 14 | Condition: Normal

Dae tried to stammer out an answer to Mags. "I don't know... it's just the thought that we trusted Death so quickly today... out of instinct and necessity. So, it comforts me a little to think we might have had a reason for that trust. Perhaps Siarus needs us and... perhaps we have more allies than we thought."

It was apparent though, that Dae's mind was elsewhere. She was staring at the empty glasses Billie had left on the table. Wide-eyed, unblinking, her lips twisted as if she'd smelled rotting flesh. As Billie strode off, she managed to choke out a whisper.

"Don't..."

But, it was too late. Billie was off talking to the veteran's table. She looked to glass in Mags hand and with pleading eyes. "Don't... it could be nothing, but... please, don't. I... I can't stand the smell." She looked down at the table, breathing shallow. 

OOC

Main hand: free

Off hand: free

Edited by ariel (see edit history)

"Perhaps Siarus needs us and... perhaps we have more allies than we thought."

Mags cocked his head at the thought. He had not considered the possibility that Dae's analysis might include the emotional comfort provided by her theories. 

"Don't... it could be nothing, but... please, don't. I... I can't stand the smell."

At first, Mags thought the auburn haired girl was warning him off the drink because she'd smelled something wrong with the rum. But then he remembered Iparia, a pony he and the Master had rescued from a brutal master. Even years later, in a better life traveling with her kinder gentler rescuers, the pony would react violently to certain smells and sights she associated with her previous master. She would get that same look that Dea now displayed.

He passed his hand over the shot glass and it disappeared--reappearing moments later in Billie's other hand. 

"I'll just go and tell Aria we won't be needing that second round of rum." 

True to his word, Mags rose and set off to find Aria. After cancelling the drinks, he returned to the table, mostly to observe Dae and make sure she was settling down. He took a seat. "I owe you guys a bit about me. I've had only limited experience with combat where people are actually trying to kill each other. That said, in addition to my training as a hedge wizard, I was trained privately, from a very early age, for something that was never fully revealed to me. As best as I can tell: I was being prepared for espionage and infiltration--and possibly assassination. I've never done any of that stuff. But I have the skill set." 

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 

Statblock

StrSave +0
Athletics +0
10 DexSave +6*
18 ConSave +2
No skills associated.
14 IntSave +4
14 WisSave +3
16 ChaSave +0

Actions

Bonus Actions

)

Reactions

Other/Free Actions

|

>Weal, for good results
>Woe, for bad results

image.png.c10c75ae87ff3a4c8be5b579a00cc1a8.png Lulani Zenar'inan - Shadar Kai Hexblade Warlock of the Tome  

Lulani closed her eyes and nodded to her sister, more or less giving into Billie's desire. She had a feeling it would come to that, she also wished she could watch her sister in the games. "Billie's participation in the games can work in our favor.", she looks at Damaia, "Perhaps you would like to participate as well? In any case, while my sister competes, we have some time for research.... however we should not split too thinly. I would rather we not split at all, but with time against us, we have little choice."

"Smell? What's wrong Dae?", she asked softly in an attempt to sooth the doe eyed woman. "Is it the drinks? Did you smell something wrong?", she was trying to keep the anxiety out of her voice, but she needed the answer quickly.

Info

Used:

Hexblade's curse dies when grey-skinned man dies. Lu gains no healing and can not use it again until she finishes a short or long rest.

Dae Dae

Hot breath. The stink on her cheek. Pain. Can't move. Can't breathe. The smell. Spice. Rum. Mint. Pressure. Pain. A burning sensation on the back of her neck. A repulsive memory, stuffed down, buried deep, seeping its way into the light of her mind's eye.

Dae's breathing calmed and she met the elf's eyes. "Thank you Lulani. I am fine. Honestly, I think the drinks are fine, but I'm still not sure that I trust the senders.

Keep an eye on Billie this evening. If anyone can handle it, she can."

Dae took a moment to look at the young hedge wizard. "Thank you, Mags... and yes, another round is not necessary, but I do not wish to end your fun. If you wish to indulge further, I will retire." 

OOC

Main hand: free

Off hand: free

"Nah, I'm not much of a drinker." Mags was relieved by Dae's recovering from whatever memory had troubled her. If his experiences with Iparia had any bearing on Dae's panic, he knew it would take time and familiarity before Dae would trust him--and the others--enough to move past whatever had happened. Some of what he'd seen in vision suddenly made more sense. 

"And I don't think Lu likes Rum. I'm guessing Damaia can hold off on drinking until we're done talking." He looked to the tiefling, hoping his assessment was accurate.  

With Damaia's reply, he continued. "I agree with Lu: we'd be better off not splitting up. I also think we'd be better off keeping a low profile. But nothing short of a broken arm and leg is going to stop Billie from competing in the games tomorrow. So the question before us is--how do we work the split tomorrow. As far as I've seen, all four of us are knowledgable and would prove useful in the library. So who's taking the Billie watch tomorrow? Or maybe we could do the Billie watch in shifts: morning, midday, late afternoon?"  

Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 

Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 

Statblock

StrSave +0
Athletics +0
10 DexSave +6*
18 ConSave +2
No skills associated.
14 IntSave +4
14 WisSave +3
16 ChaSave +0

Actions

Bonus Actions

)

Reactions

Other/Free Actions

|

>Weal, for good results
>Woe, for bad results

spacer.png

Damaia Hazil
AC: 17Armour: 14
Dexterity: +1
Shield: +2
| HP: 36 (*Abjuration Ward;
When casting an Abjuration Spell of 1st level or higher.
Gain Wizard level x2+Int mod as a Ward.
Whenever you cast Abjuration magic - even if the ward is at 0 - add a number of hit points equal to twice the level of the spell.
) | Proficiency: +2 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 12 | Speed: 30ft
Saves: Str +4 | Dex +1 | Con +4 | Int +5 | Wis +0 | Cha +0 | Resistances: Fire, Necrotic, Radiant
Special Abilities: Cloak of StarsEffect: Disadvantage on attacks against you for 1 minute.

As an action, you wrap yourself in a starry cloak, appearing like a silhouette forms of the night sky. When you doe, attack rolls have disadvantage against you. This cloak lasts for 1 minute, until you doff it (no action), or until you die. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
, Second WindOn turn, bonus action to regain 1d10+Fighter Level HP.

Once per short/long rest.
, Darkvision60ft

Thanks to your Infernal heritage, you have superior Vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only Shades of Gray.

Attacks: Long Sword [+2 | 1d8+2 Slashing. (Versatile. 1d10)] | Long Bow [+3 | 1d8+1. 150/600]
Spells; DC: 15. Attack +7. Spells Prepared 7. | Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Green-Flame Blade, Thaumaturgy

Level 1 [▣ □ □] | Magic Missile, Shield, Burning Hands, Grease, Absorb Elements, False Life, Frost Fingers

She listens to the others, turning a small crystal shard between her fingers, there is, maybe, unfamiliar script glimpsed in the facets, but she pulls her attention away.

"I would like to visit the library, i think I would be best suited there.." she smiles a little as she remembers - she often forgets - that she does not exactly have the look of scholarly pursuits about her.

"So long as you can tell me exactly what we're looking to learn I can probably find it for you."

Mechanics

Main Hand: -

Off Hand: -

Movement:
Action;

Equipment on hand;
Long sword (At hand, Acts as spell casting focus)
Spellshard (acts as spellbook)
Longbow (Packed)

Edited by Neopopulas (see edit history)

The Serene Holds of Urzoa

Chapter 1: Unrest in Baromenes                                                                                                                                                          Part 1: A Gathering of Wanderers

HD-wallpaper-city-of-athens-art-world-gaoart-fantasy-luminos-gao-ciy-athens.jpg.4f2c51e1f451f6a5cd65fbad03e41b2a.jpg

🎵Theme🎵

PART 1:
A GATHERING OF WANDERERS

Aria understood Mags plainly and instead just told them to holler if they required anything else. Billie on the other hand made her announcement and challenge to the table of seasoned mercenaries. Many seemed to smile and lifted drinks, giving their excuses for not wanting to dance. Until one stood, A goliath, his skin a dark gray, almost stone-like in appearance, and his hair is braided tight and out of his face for practicality. He has a piercing blue eye that seems to glow with an intensity born from years of combat. 

As he approaches though, his imposing figure begins to show signs of wear and tear. There are wrinkles and lines around his face, giving him a weathered appearance. his hair, once a symbol of his strength and vitality, has begun to turn gray. One of his eyes is a milky white and a scar runs down the center of it, hinting at how he lost his vision in the first place. Despite these signs of aging, the goliath's physical stature remains impressive. he has become less muscular than in his prime, but his frame remains large and powerful. his movements may become slower and more deliberate, but they still carry themselves with a sense of purpose and dignity.

"I'll take you up on that offer." He said taking the offered shot and downing it in one fell gulp, his table whooped and hollered as he did so. Wiping his mouth, he offered his forearm. "Tarad," He says "What do they call you?"

Baromenes
5:20 pm
Wineday (Wednesday), 17th of Midsummer, 495 AC

SCENE INSTRUCTIONS

When everyone has an agreed-upon plan we can move forward either in this thread or in the Downtime thread doing a study sesh in the Oria and/or a market journey for those wanting to spend some silver.

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)

ye1F5FJ.png.6cac4f82ac1cb4afb0b9ab93aff59262.png.44127cbd6d684a58743afbb076accbe4.pngWilhelmina "Billie" Zenar'InanShadar Kai Echo Knight Fighter  

AC16 | HP: 35/35 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13

The scarred girl grinned as the biggest bloke of the lot stood up and took the shot.  It was only when his was gone that she realized she was somehow carrying two glasses of rum, she blinked at the second one, shrugged, then downed it before tossing the empty glass to one of the whooping OLWs.  The laughing veteran juggled it a few times before managing to catch it in his one free hand.  "Well big fella, I've been called many things, but I generally call myself Billie." She gave his arm a squeeze, pushing on it slightly, as expected from a goliath it was as unyielding as stone.  Linking his offered arm, she accompanied him towards the music. "So Tarad, you cut yourself shaving?" The question came with a glance to his dead eye.  

Billie was a good dancer, not tremendously practices, but she knew the basics of most of the forms.  Their father had insisted they learn to be ladies, though for some reason rolled his eyes whenever he used the word in relation to Wilhelmina.  He also tended to disapprove of her "improvising".

Dice Ex Mechina

Main Hand: Nada
Off Hand: Deux Nada

Action 1: 
Non-Action: 
Bonus Action: 

Lulani let out a breath she had been holding in. Her sister had put three of those away and had already been a bit worried about it. "If you wish to speak of it, I will listen." , she offers, her gaze lingering for a moment. "I am not much of a drinker either... for the most part. Besides, we may want to do some research before bed and that is best done sober... although if we want to research we will have to split. Billie will not tolerate research." Lulani looks at Mags, "It's not my drink of choice... I mostly didn't trust where.. or who it came from. I wont stop my sister from taking them though.", her gaze finding her sister. The worry was still there. Maybe she should have 'spilled' the drink.... drinks. 

"Oh~ Are you?" , Lulani's blue-green eyes flashed to Damiaia and seemed to dance when she mentioned she was interested in the library. "You have neglected to say what your abilities in battle are."

She spares a glance at Billie's dance partner, her eyebrows shooting up for a second. He was an interesting one for sure, she looked forward to what her sister would tell her. "Be a dear and see if they know anything extra about the one's we fought earlier." , she shot a whisper to Billie. "Shall we go do some research while we still have some time left in the day."

Info

Used:

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)