Jump to content

Chapter 1 - Unrest in Baromenes


Recommended Posts

 line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png

The Serene Holds of Urzoa

line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png


Chapter 1: Unrest in Baromenes                                                                                                                                                                                        Part 1: A Gathering of Wanderers


HD-wallpaper-city-of-athens-art-world-gaoart-fantasy-luminos-gao-ciy-athens.jpg.4f2c51e1f451f6a5cd65fbad03e41b2a.jpg

🎵 Theme 🎵

PART 1:
A GATHERING OF WANDERERS

 

Deypho watched Wilhelmina move to leave, she hoped her hard-headedness would be of use in the battles to come. Giving no protest to Billie taking the scroll she turned and watched the sliver vibrate and shake in place as the door to her chamber opened and then closed.

"Huh?" Deypho said looking up at Mags. "Yes, the scroll. When it first appeared the army was not there and then one day it was..." She said offhandedly, swiping a finger slowly in the space between Lulani and the angled sliver but finding no purchase. "Not help, Prevent." She said before being shown a signet ring by Mags. Deypho looked over it closely "If I may can I take this for further examination?" She said bluntly. 

As Damaia and Dae spoke Deypho caught a bit of their conversation. "Yes, um, I think I've heard the tale of such a group before," and then Deypho heard the name 'Thiovanya.' Deypho turned with a quickness toward Dae. "Where did you hear that name?" She said surprised. "Thiovanya was the longest reigning Oracle of Thespoe. He has been dead for some time though." Her words were spoken with confusion. "What does he have to do with the Chained Ones?"

Before her question could be answered Lulani retrieved a cloth from her pack and laid it on the table. From the corner of her eye, Deypho turned and watched as if in slow motion as Lulani uncovered it. No sooner had the sliver from Andropeclis been uncovered did the two shards, as if attracted to each other, move across the table on their own and fused together in a terrible screeching sound.

Deypho had tried to reach out to stop what had just happened but she was not quick enough and immediately covered her ears as the screech started. As the screeching stopped Deypho uncovered her ears slowly, a shocked expression on her face. "That... Can not be good." She said as she looked upon the sliver that fell to the table with a soft thump. "If that is his heart, it just got one step closer to being complete."


 

From outside the temple, Wilhelmina found herself graced by the warmth of the sun once again. She wasted no time heading down the path they had come and, after a few minutes, spotted the field and the javelin throwers. Most had filed out only leaving a couple left on the field still practicing their throws. As Billie approached one of them. A young man of olive complexion, hazel green eyes, and black hair looked at her. He was topless and only wore a simple cloth tied at his waist that stopped halfway down his thighs. He was lithe but muscled and toned, the sweat from his body gave him a slight sheen in the sun.

"Greetings!" The words came in Halaen common which your mind took a second to decode into something that made sense. "I've never seen you here before, are you new?" The man said as he eyed Wilhelmina up and down.

 


Baromenes
4:15 pm
Wineday (Wednesday), 17th of Midsummer, 495 AC


SCENE INSTRUCTIONS

Uh oh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Damaia Hazil
AC: 17Armour: 14
Dexterity: +1
Shield: +2
| HP: 36 (*Abjuration Ward;
When casting an Abjuration Spell of 1st level or higher.
Gain Wizard level x2+Int mod as a Ward.
Whenever you cast Abjuration magic - even if the ward is at 0 - add a number of hit points equal to twice the level of the spell.
) | Proficiency: +2 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 12 | Speed: 30ft
Saves: Str +4 | Dex +1 | Con +4 | Int +5 | Wis +0 | Cha +0 | Resistances: Fire, Necrotic, Radiant
Special Abilities: Cloak of StarsEffect: Disadvantage on attacks against you for 1 minute.

As an action, you wrap yourself in a starry cloak, appearing like a silhouette forms of the night sky. When you doe, attack rolls have disadvantage against you. This cloak lasts for 1 minute, until you doff it (no action), or until you die. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
, Second WindOn turn, bonus action to regain 1d10+Fighter Level HP.

Once per short/long rest.
, Darkvision60ft

Thanks to your Infernal heritage, you have superior Vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only Shades of Gray.

Attacks: Long Sword [+4 | 1d8+4 Slashing. (Dueling / Versatile. 1d10)] | Long Bow [+3 | 1d8+1. 150/600]
Spells; DC: 15. Attack +7. Spells Prepared 7. | Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Green-Flame Blade, Thaumaturgy

Level 1 [▣ ] | Magic Missile, Shield, Burning Hands, Grease, Absorb Elements, False Life, Frost Fingers


Wincing at the sound, her hand instinctively went to her sword. Once it all ended, her fingers uncurled and she wanted for anything to happen. When nothing dramatic befell them, she let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding. "I hope .. nothing heard that.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: -

Off Hand: -


Movement:
Action;

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 


Wilhelmina "Billie" Zenar'InanShadar Kai Echo Knight Fighter  ye1F5FJ.png.6cac4f82ac1cb4afb0b9ab93aff59262.png


AC: 16 | HP: 35/35 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13


Her grin widened as it took in the sun, and she sprinted down the path.  As she slowed to a jog then a stop, her lips flattened slightly.  There wasn't a crowd left to compete with fully, just a couple of stragglers who looked to've been here a while.  Her head cocked a little as he spoke, and her brow squeezed as she needed to process what he said.  It was so weird to hear some of the same words and sounds made so differently, almost as if they even breathed differently. 

"Ya." She said, shrugging off her pack and sword, then she gave her heart two taps then extended her arm sideways, with a mutter of strange syllables.  The armor responded to her command, and was cast off instantly into a pile next to her bag.  Free from the chains and steel plates, she stretched, loosening her wide necked shirt that was very loosely tied together above her breasts.  It was cinched together in around her biceps and waist with wide leather belts, that covered her down to her hip, flaring over a pair of snug leather pants. 

The corner of her mouth rose into a smirk as and she returned the up and down look, her front teeth pulled on her bottom lip a little just to... mmmm.. yup, he'd do for a nibble.  Her wolf pendant bobbed as she stepped forward and pressed between his pecs with her middle and ring finger.  Giving her fingers a tap and the boy a wink, Billie stepped past him with a confident laugh.

Lifting a javelin, she bounced it in her hand, testing it's weight and balance. "So, we just see how far we can throw, no?"  The words were Grehesian, and she let him puzzle them out as she took a step forward.  Billie modeled her movements after what she'd seen earlier.  A fluid step that used one's full body, from heel, toe, hip, shoulder, to fingertip, she launched the missile down the field.

It was a respectable toss, so she gave it a nod, then turned back to the bronze boy. "I'm Billie."

line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: Nada
Off Hand: Deux Nada

Action 1: 
Non-Action: 
Bonus Action: 

 

 
Edited by Rumrunner
Style (see edit history)
Name
Athletics
19
1d20+6 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dae Dae


AC: 13 | HP: 27/27 | Spells: 4/4, 1/2 | Sorrowful fate: 1/1 | Protection from good/evil 0/1 | Inspiration: 1/4 | Passive Perception: 14 | Condition: Normal


Dae's mind was racing. Was she really standing before The Corruptor's blackened heart? All of a sudden, she believed. Think, think, think. How long do we have?

Mags confirmed that the eclipse was this month and she stammered out a response. "Yes, sometime soon, a complete eclipse of the two moons happens about every 18 months... it makes me wonder... how long have you had the scroll, Deypho?"

But, Deypho was just asking her a question too, about the name Thiovanya. And so, she responded. "Thiovanya was the name one of The Chained Ones' leaders used... saying that 'Thiovanya had been right about the box and the pawns...' that we were to all be at the fountain today as he expect..." The last word was cut off by the screeching sound of the metal shards coming together. Dae's body folded forward, hands flying up to protect her ears. 

Her green eyes wide, darting around the people in the room, they finally settled on Mags and the box. She took a step forward to help him examine the box. "Could it somehow... contain it?"

 

OOC

Main hand: free

Off hand: parchment (or free, if Damaia took it)

 

Offering assistance to Mags to examine the box. I dunno if it's too late to give him assistance so he'll get advantage.

 
Edited by ariel
grammar me this! (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."
Passive Perception: 17 | Spell Slots 0/2 (1st)


"If I may can I take this for further examination?"

Mags extended his open hand, offering the ring. "If you would share the results of your examination with us, then yes." 


Thiovanya... of course!

Mags should have recognized the chained ones' use of the name. As an oracle of Halaea, he'd spent time studying the history of the Oracles of Thespoe. But this day--the Herald, the battle with the Chained Ones, the Oracle's Note, and Deypho's revelations--was more than a bit overwhelming. 

"Thiovanya was the name one of The Chained Ones' leaders used...

Mags added, speaking to Deypho, "Is there some collection of Thiovanya's prophecies that might have tipped them off? Or..." he paused before proposing the unthinkable, "is it possible they have access to new prophecies from Thiovanya because he is chained rather than dead." 


The two metals met and shrieked. Mags covered his ears, at a loss how to stop the sound, relieved when it was finally over, even if it left behind a lingering trace of dread. 

Dae stepped next to him. "Could it somehow... contain it?"

"That's what I was thinking," he said momentarily excited by the minor confirmation of his thoughts, turning to catch her eye. He quickly looked away, remembering just how big and green her eyes were. 

His gaze locked on the box, he added. "Let's give it a try, shall we?" 

The ebon sliver momentarily disappeared--Mags having picked it up with his invisible mage hand--only to reappear within the small box. 


Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 


Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 


Note 1: Current spells active: Mage Armor, Mage Hand.  

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 image.png.c10c75ae87ff3a4c8be5b579a00cc1a8.png Lulani Zenar'inan - Shadar Kai Hexblade Warlock of the Tome  

 

 

AC: 14 | HP: 21/22 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 13

As one sliver started moving to the other, Lulani watched excitedly. It was doing what she thought it would, but then the noise! She grimaced and covered her ears. She looked at Deypho and looked back at the sliver still on the table. She snorted in response to the voice in her head. "It spoke to me. I think you may be right. Is there a way to look more about the Corrupter? When might we be able to speak to the oracle?" 

Info

Used:

Spell Slots: 1/2

Blessings of the Raven Queen 1/2

Hexblade's curse dies when grey-skinned man dies. Lu gains no healing and can not use it again until she finishes a short or long rest.

Dark shard amulet on prestidigitation to clean herself from yucky.

 

 

Edited by fenrirlokison (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."
Passive Perception: 17 | Spell Slots 0/2 (1st)

"Thespoe is a week on foot," Mags answered, keeping his eyes off Lu. "If we went to see the Oracle, we'd be gone during the eclipse. And we still don't know if we're supposed to be here or gone when the eclipse happens."


Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 


Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 


Note 1: Current spells active: Mage Armor, Mage Hand.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png

The Serene Holds of Urzoa

line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png


Chapter 1: Unrest in Baromenes                                                                                                                                                                                        Part 1: A Gathering of Wanderers


HD-wallpaper-city-of-athens-art-world-gaoart-fantasy-luminos-gao-ciy-athens.jpg.4f2c51e1f451f6a5cd65fbad03e41b2a.jpg

🎵 Theme 🎵

PART 1:
A GATHERING OF WANDERERS

 

"Very impressive, have you done this before?" The man said in perfect Grehesian as he grabbed a nearby Javelin. "I am Tros, it is a pleasure." He said with a smile as he walked past you. He moved to the pitch and readied himself. "Let us see what I have left in the tank," Tros said looking back at you with a blink. The sweat danced down his form as he made his move. Muscles poised to react at a moment's notice.

Holding the spear with his right hand he sprinted forward, lifted the spear above his head, and gained speed as he took 10 powerful steps. Then a series of crossover steps to transition into a better position to throw from. The last step was wider than the rest, allowing him to push off his back foot as he aligned his throwing arm and launched the Javelin down the field.

The Javelin sailed threw the air as Tros threw it with precision. It finally found its landing place right next to Wilhelmina's own javelin. Tros looked back to Billie and gave a slight nod and bowed. "It seems we have a competition on our hands, Billie."


 

Deypho couldn't help but show signs of worry on her face as she watched the sliver disappear and then reappear in the small jewelry box. The sliver itself made no fuss as it was placed in the jewelry box, instead, it seemed to rotate a few times as if steadying itself back and forth until it stopped and pointed west. Even if it were moved it continued to point in one direction almost like a compass. "You might be able to find information about the corrupter in the great libraries in Anthropoi. but you could also search the Oria in the Storm Quarter."

"I do not recall any prophecies from Thiovanya regarding you all, his death was some time ago. If he is chained there is only one way to be certain. You must check his gravesite." She said with finality. "He was buried in the Xorinófot Mountains in between here and Thespoe," Deypho added pulling out a scroll tube and handing it to Dae.

"In case you all did not have one already, here is a map." She said before moving to the door. "It is as Mags says," Deypho paused "It is best you move now, rest and gather yourselves. You can find me here most times of the day if you need me." She said opening the door to the rest of the temple. "Till we next meet."

 


Baromenes
4:24 pm
Wineday (Wednesday), 17th of Midsummer, 495 AC


SCENE INSTRUCTIONS

So many places, so little time.

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)
Name
Tros Athletics
19
1d20+6 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."
Passive Perception: 17 | Spell Slots 0/2 (1st)

Mags was relieved--even if a bit surprised--when Deypho dismissed the group. Very relieved.

In hindsight, his life with the Master had been surprisingly leisurely--yes, he'd suffered through a heavy regimen of trainings and lessons, but the two hedge wizards had eaten when hungry, slept when tired, celebrated when the Master found excuse--said celebration usually involving alcohol, song, and dance--and traveled to the next village whenever they grew tired of the current one. Mags realized that he was not going to like this new life: traveling with these females, racing against mysterious deadlines, always looking over his shoulder for agents of a powerful force bent on his destruction. 

Now he felt... anxious. There were so many things he--and the others--needed to do, places to go, people to see. And there was so little time. He wanted to run from Deypho's chamber, as fast as he could, to arrange for lodgings, get a meal, re-summon Clair, examine the items, cast his Augury, search the Oria in the Storm Quarter, and possibly visit the Oracle of Thespoe--with a quick stopover to check that Thiovanya's body was actually buried in his grave. 

But he didn't run. Instead, he secured the jewelry box and needle-nose pliers.

Sparing a brief glance to Dae, Lu, and Dam, he moved to the door. He'd felt bad about some of his words to the triton priestess, and how he tried to make up for it. "Thank you, Deypho, for your help." 

He waited for the others at the door, not wanting to leave Lu and Dae behind--assuming Damaia could likely protect herself. To Dae he said, "I'm ready for that free meal Billie promised." 


Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 


Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 


Note 1: Current spells active: Mage Armor, Mage Hand.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 


Wilhelmina "Billie" Zenar'InanShadar Kai Echo Knight Fighter  ye1F5FJ.png.6cac4f82ac1cb4afb0b9ab93aff59262.png


AC: 16 | HP: 35/35 | Initiative: +2 | Passive Perception: 13


Billie blinked, surprised at how well the man switched from one dialect to another with such fluency it was hard to tell which was his native tongue.  It truth, she didn't really care about that use of his tongue, and instead watched with interest at the young man ran with the javelin and threw it.  His form was much richer than hers, his movements like a dance as he built up speed thrust his spear into the air, sending it flying across the yard.  Despite having been at this for who knew how long the rod quivered in the earth, protruded so close to hers they almost touched.  She clenched her jaw.

"It seems we do, Tros.  It seems we do." 

Taking a second spear she closed her eyes, playing over his movements in her mind, considering how her own could mimic and perhaps even improve on the form.  The momentum was key, momentum she understood, so she ran, full tilt for ten paces spinning at the end and releasing the javelin as if it were a slash from her sword.

She exhaled sharply as it didn't even make it as far as her first through.   It was clear what was wrong with that attempt, her normal movements were contingent on the use of a large heavy weapon for their momentum, which a javelin certainly was not.

"Ya, I'm better with a sword... if you can beat that, maybe I'll let you give me some pointers.  You training for something in particular?" If she was going to lose, at least she might be able to learn something.

line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png

 

Mechanics

Main Hand: Nada
Off Hand: Deux Nada

Action 1: 
Non-Action: 
Bonus Action: 

 

 
Name
roll athletics
17
1d20+6 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dae Dae


AC: 13 | HP: 27/27 | Spells: 4/4, 1/2 | Sorrowful fate: 1/1 | Protection from good/evil 0/1 | Inspiration: 1/4 | Passive Perception: 14 | Condition: Normal


Before accepting the map from Deypho, Dae offered the parchment back to Lulani. "Would you like to carry it? If it holds arcane secrets you will be better than I at teasing them out. All of you would be, I suspect." She hesitated, then continued. "Lulani, you said that the metal shard spoke to you? What did it say and with what... emotion?" It felt awkward to ask, but her grandfather had taught her that how a phrase was spoken usually said more than the words themselves. 

She then turned to take the map from Deypho, opening it to scan it briefly. Before the triton could usher them to the door, Dae hurriedly asked,"Do you have a pen or chalk that we could take, or at least borrow a moment?" Taking the writing instrument, Dae spreads the map out on the table and marks a small arrow on it with her guess at their current location and time of day. It was the direction the shard was now pointing. "Perhaps, we can check the sliver later... if pointing at the closest shard, we might be able to tell if it's moving or how far away it is.. by doing some triangulation." Dae spoke as if the activity held some shame for her and she sighed, so much of her life had been at sea, and some of its tricks were, unfortunately, natural.

Before packing it back into the scroll tube, she asked the triton two more questions, gesturing at the map. "If you could, can you narrow down where the tomb of Thiovanya is in the Xorinófot Mountains? I am also wondering if you know of a stargazer in Baromenes who might be able to tell us more exactly when the eclipse will happen? It would be good to know how much time we have... "

She glanced at Mags and her stomach gurgled a response and, after listening to Deypho's response, she moved towards the door.

OOC

Main hand: free

Off hand: parchment (offering it back to Lulani)

TheWordWeaver, given the nature of the room, I'm assuming Dae could at least borrow an writing instrument... 

 
Edited by ariel (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mags Kategaris - Itinerant Hedge Wizard Mags_token_200.png.d3596c7994956f551d31c29deaf69122.png

AC: 14 (17with Mage Armor)  | HP: 30/30 | Initiative: +4Oracular Insight (I'll often use this for important initiative checks)
"The gods give you flashes of insight that help you bring your efforts to fruition. When you make an ability check, you can roll a d10 and add the number rolled to the check. You can wait until after you roll the d20 before deciding to add the d10, but you must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest."
Passive Perception: 17 | Spell Slots 0/2 (1st)

Mags marveled as Dea asked her questions, speaking more than she'd done so far. Without meaning to, he found himself gazing in admiration at the auburn-haired girl's questions and determination. He'd guessed she was careful in her thinking, and wise, and more tenacious than her frightened appearance might suggestion--three qualities he greatly admired--but it pleased him to watch as she brilliantly confirmed his suspicions. And somewhere in his gazing, he found himself noting how those big green eyes sparkled with intelligence and lit up her face. 

"Perhaps, we can check the sliver later... if pointing at the closest shard, we might be able to tell if it's moving or how far away it is.. by doing some triangulation."

Mags hesitated, quickly collecting himself before nodding. He misunderstood her shame-faced sigh, thinking the girl needed encouragement for her implied line of reasoning. Naturally, Mags understood the principle of triangulation via maps and magical instruments--it had been an important part of his travels with the Master as they mapped and traveled along the ley lines that were the old hedge wizard's obsession. "Just what I'd been thinking. And depending on what we learn after a careful investigation of the box, we might even place hatch marks along its top edge--as with a compass." 

Mags heard Dae's stomach grumble. He smiled warmly, a hint of humor in his eye. He opened his mouth to say something clever but stopped himself in time. His efforts at humor generally didn't work on girls--being far too heavily influenced by the Master's own brand of eccentric, acerbic, wry humor. 


Mechanics

Main Hand: 

Off Hand: 


Bonus Action: 

Action: 

Free Action(?): 


Note 1: Current spells active: Mage Armor, Mage Hand.  

Edited by Wizard of the Coat (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 image.png.c10c75ae87ff3a4c8be5b579a00cc1a8.png Lulani Zenar'inan - Shadar Kai Hexblade Warlock of the Tome  


AC: 14 | HP: 21/22 | Initiative: +3 | Passive Perception: 13


Lulani bends down and pets Valyv in an attempt to ease the stress that had taken residence in her head. She was having some second thoughts, saving the world sounded like hard work. She sighed with just a hint of groaning. It seemed as though it was time to move on, so Lulani stood back up and looked at the scrolls with a pout. She didn't have time to read them. Life wasn't fair! I'm gonna find out who started this crap and hit them so many times with my blast they will be nothing but ash. 

Lulani takes the parchment and looks at it, wondering if there was anything else to it. She cocked her eyebrow a bit at the question of what emotion the sliver's words had to them. Did she want to mess with the woman? Lulani looked at the woman for a moment. She had seemed ready to bolt at any moment for some time now, even after the danger was gone. The warlock was somewhat surprised Dae came up to her and spoke, not that it was all that odd. Dae had spoken to her before in battle. The whole group were about to go through a lot together, apparently, and they had just met. Did no one else hear the voice? Was it because she had the sliver? She almost didn't want to say what the sliver had said, although she was not sure why that was. Lulani had taken a minute, but finally answered, "I will tell you for a price of a song." Lulani takes a bit of a gamble and does not wait for Dae to reply, "It promised me power, when I asked what it was, it said it was no one, but I am someone important. It said it could help reach my goals, if only I submit to it, find it, and complete it. The voice was much clearer once the other sliver joined with it. It was a very tempting voice that sounded sweet and mysterious." Her eyes stray to the jewelry box were it was. When it said submit, she was sure of what that meant and didn't like it. A part of her wondered though, was it akin to slavery? Perhaps it was similar to a priest and their god? Lulani shook her head. If this was the Corruptor, it meant servitude. Oh if only she could harness that power without it overtaking her. She liked her lips and tore her eyes away.

Lulani yawned, "It has been a rather busy day, I look forward to relaxing and discussing things further at the tavern." She waits for the door to be open, gets Valyv to gather her things outside, and summons her floating disk. After much praise and a treat she contemplates fetching her sister. She settles for trying to eye her as they pass. "We are done and heading to the Pillar." , her message makes it to Billie as if she was beside her. The lazy twin was not going to rush her sister, but wanted her to know what was going on. She thought about staying and watching, but new Valyv would likely cause some trouble, so she stayed with the rest.

 


Info

Used:

Spell Slots: 1/2

Blessings of the Raven Queen 1/2

Hexblade's curse dies when grey-skinned man dies. Lu gains no healing and can not use it again until she finishes a short or long rest.

Dark shard amulet on prestidigitation to clean herself from yucky.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png

The Serene Holds of Urzoa

line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png


Chapter 1: Unrest in Baromenes                                                                                                                                                                                        Part 1: A Gathering of Wanderers


HD-wallpaper-city-of-athens-art-world-gaoart-fantasy-luminos-gao-ciy-athens.jpg.4f2c51e1f451f6a5cd65fbad03e41b2a.jpg

🎵 Theme 🎵

PART 1:
A GATHERING OF WANDERERS

 

Tros smiled at Billie's eagerness, she seemed to be a quick learner. "I'll take you up on that, and indeed I am. The Halysik," Tros answered as he retrieved another Javelin. "It's a series of sporting events between elite athletes. Meant to honor the gods, with some training. I think you'd do very well." Tros said as he made his way to the pitch. Again he displayed the same routine, sprinting, lifting the Javellin, the bounding strides, and then the pivot to his back foot for throwing power as he launched the Javellin through the air.

The Javellin raced through the air with even more power and speed than the last, landing a few feet in front of his and Billie's first throws. He stepped back and placed his hands on his hips as he slowed his breathing. He looked back to Billie and then walked over. "Looks like I'll be taking those pointers," Tros said as he ran a hand through his hair, sweat dancing down his body. "Perhaps I could offer some one on one practice in my field of expertise." He said with a wink. "Are you free anytime tomorrow?"


 

"No thanks needed, Mags. I am merely playing my role." She said as she began to usher the rest of the remaining party out. Before they had left some questions were asked of her. "Oh yes here." The Triton said offering Dae a piece of chalk from a nearby table. "It would be quite hard to miss," Deypho said as she soaked in the questions Dae was asking. "Thiovanya's resting place was underneath the lone temple to Xoros at the top of the mountain. It was used as an observatory of sorts for some time before it was abandoned. As for a stargazer, I do not personally know one here in town." Deypho said wishing she knew more. There was little time though and so she did not have time to sulk. 

"And you," Deypho said looking at Damaia. "Please keep these ones in line," she said jokingly before giving a nod and then sitting at her desk. 

 


Baromenes
4:30 pm
Wineday (Wednesday), 17th of Midsummer, 495 AC


SCENE INSTRUCTIONS

Alright heroes, you have been given a lot of information. You likely need a pitstop to rest and eat before you head out to your next destination. What would you like to do?

Edited by TheWordWeaver (see edit history)
Name
Tros Athletics
20
1d20+6 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dae Dae


AC: 13 | HP: 27/27 | Spells: 4/4, 1/2 | Sorrowful fate: 1/1 | Protection from good/evil 0/1 | Inspiration: 1/4 | Passive Perception: 14 | Condition: Normal


Having tucked the map away and thanked Deypho for her help, Dae stepped outside.

She was following Lulani, but she hesitated a step to glance up and down the street and then pull up the hood of her cloak. Are more chained ones looking for us? How close could they be? 

The door shut behind them and she settled into soft steps, moving with the others toward The Pillar, as recommended by Deypho. She glanced at her new companions, unsure of how to start. She spoke in a buttery tone, appealing for truth. "I know nothing of any of you and I realize that I can't expect you to trust me... but what is your impression of Deypho, do you trust her?"

As they passed the athletics field, Dae spied Billie and, not knowing of the sisterly communication, she stopped, looked and lifted a hand in a partial wave. She found Billie's abruptness a little unsettling, but it looked like the warrior had no trouble making friends.

 

OOC

Upon exiting the temple, perception check to see if anyone is watching them.

Main hand: free

Off hand: free

 
Edited by ariel (see edit history)
Name
perception for people watching them
20
1d20+4 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...