Out of Character thread

Vladim

1 hour ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

I think  we're OK ... as long as Vlad rules that us both burning hope is acceptable.

It's totally acceptable. Barin using hope is fine; instead of rolling another d6, he gets to add his Body score to the roll, which basically works out the same!

I'll try to advance the scene a little today-give Ernstyr the chance to Heal.

12 hours ago, thesloth said:

Current success book keeping post:

Explore 1 (with a hope burn)

Awe 1 (Great Success)

Insight 1 (normal success)

Persuade 1 (Gandalf) 1 (1 Normal)

Axe 1 (Great Success) 1(normal)

Athletics 1 (normal) 1(Great with Hope burn)

Just as a heads'up (and to maybe save you some work), tracking is a great idea but you don't need to catalogue successes with a weapon skill (like axe above). Only matters for common skills.

Hope burn and Gandalf also don't matter for the purpose of AP tracking.

Oof. I am struggling to stay up to date with this game, and for that I apologize. I'm now working 40 hours a week and finding my creative energies going elsewhere. Yesterday I just didn't even get online. This much one-on-one social interaction is draining me. 😔

Lachiel could've really helped there with 3 dots in Athletics...😰

2 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Oof. I am struggling to stay up to date with this game, and for that I apologize. I'm now working 40 hours a week and finding my creative energies going elsewhere. Yesterday I just didn't even get online. This much one-on-one social interaction is draining me. 😔

Lachiel could've really helped there with 3 dots in Athletics...😰

It happens! No need to apologize.

I think we're not a too fast game-two to three GM posts per week is the sweet spot for me as it does a good job of progressing the story at a decent pace without burning me out too hard (usually). So I'm a bit reluctant to slow down too much unless all players want this.

That being said, post as much or as little as you want for now. It's possible that things will change, and you can become more active in the future. But basically, it's all up to you!

The One Ring team:

Looking at the IC, I think we are running two different timelines right now, with some PCs RPing the first encounter with Ernstyr, and others having moved to the next morning. Oh the joys of PbP :)

If you prefer, I can move my post somewhere else and let you RP with Ernstyr until you are done with the interaction, and then add my post (and I might need to move Suzuki's around in a similar way). What does the majority favor? I don't want to interrupt any RP.

So true! 😂 But this time I'm not behind the GM screen trying to herd the kittens...

I can manage being in two threads if needed, but hopefully we can kinda merge the flow together into one extended convo.

44 minutes ago, Eric said:

So true! 😂 But this time I'm not behind the GM screen trying to herd the kittens...

I can manage being in two threads if needed, but hopefully we can kinda merge the flow together into one extended convo.

Yeah, I think it's better. Let me see if I can coordinate with @Suzuki Stumpy and try to get his approval-if yes, then I'll move our posts after the chat with Ernstyr.

Nah, it's me. Trying to push things forward too quickly.

I addressed the ripple in the space-time continuum now. Feel free to RP as much as you want. When you're ready, let me know and I will move us to the morning and the assembly in the great hall.