General OOC

coreal

LOL I cut my teeth (as it were) allll the way back on Redemption. I'll never forget Christof's delivery of "The hated sun doth burn me to ash!!" whenever you accidentally stepped in sunlight 😄

If you want a bit more exposure to the Vampire workings but don't have 45 hours to pour into an RPG, I highly suggest Coteries of New York and the followup Shadows of New York (Lasombra love!). Keep in mind these are visual novels--not for everyone, but I had a good time.

I'm currently trying to work my way through Swansong but it's got some rough edges. On Xbox One the textures don't always catch up fast enough, and there's some instances of hair "flying about" when the camera changes positions as if gravity forgot what it was doing. Also some of the dialogue delivery (and the writing itself) leaves a bit to be desired. Almost as if no one actually listened to how the conversation would go back and forth, so you sometimes get people repeating each other. "I say X." "Oh, you said X? That's helpful, I'll do that." No one talks like that!!! (>_<)'

One thing Swansong does right is the diversity of cast (despite the number of people who roll their eyes at that word). Vampire is intensely diverse of race and taste and always has been. In Swansong you are almost immediately face to face with someone that has vitiligo and it's pretty awesome because she's still a non-stop diva.

One last bit, if you give Swansong a go, realize it's set in V5 because they mention things like The Beckoning which didn't exist (as far as I know) until V5.

Coteries and Shadows are also V5 as well as they're heavily about a Lasombra neonate in the Cam. There's also Night Road if you want a cyoa experience as well. And yes I have played all of them, though I've not finished most of them...

Oh, yeah, should've mentioned those novels were 5e. Still, a lot of base lore there is usable. If it wasn't for Shadows, I'd never have wanted to play a Losambra! The games are alright. I'm a little miffed about the endings you get, but it's fine, I had fun getting there.

What's Night Road on? I haven't heard of it before.

6 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Oh that looks VERY cool! I'll have to wishlist for when I have the cash. Thanks!

I'm not sure if its still available, but I downloaded a free version from the google play store on my phone a while back. I think some content is blocked off behind a paywall though.

4 hours ago, TheRealSife said:

I'm not sure if its still available, but I downloaded a free version from the google play store on my phone a while back. I think some content is blocked off behind a paywall though.

Oh awesome! I may have to check it out then!

58 minutes ago, coreal said:

Just a heads up that I'm rather scarce this holiday weekend here. Running a three day tabletop marathon of sorts for friends and family.

WOW that's cool! I hope you have a ton of fun :) Enjoy and we'll see you when you get back.

5 hours ago, coreal said:

Just a heads up that I'm rather scarce this holiday weekend here. Running a three day tabletop marathon of sorts for friends and family.

Sounds like lots of potential fun indeed !

• 2 weeks later...
ร—
ร—