The Tomb

hoverfrog

4 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

EDIT: That's probably not clear as the map wasn't updated to show Sal's movement last round

EDIT 2: Sal is at F10

Oh, this will have ramifications for M&C's attacks as there would be no flanking bonus (though that natural 20 crits anyway).

Maybe the best thing would be for me to edit that post for M&C substantially, albeit keeping the rolls as, regardless of specifics, I think attacking that forward troll at I-11 would still be a priority. I had just worked out a move scheme that I thought would get a flanking bonus without any triggering of an AoO from the troll.

That, and maybe I can read up more on a Summoner's action economy (though I think we need to come to some better resolution as to what to do with M&C if allefgib is truly gone). It is a bit awkward controlling a class with which one is not familiar on top of one so unique as M&C.

PS It seems that the eidolon and the summoner would normally fill separate/distinct spaces on the combat grid -- though I don't know whether the intention in this specific case was to have Mr. Mud actually "ride" or be carried by Cyntheria (and thus be in the same space) nor what such an arrangement would imply via combat (e.g. in terms of targeting). Unless I hear back from @hoverfrog I suppose I shall just write this up as I presumed earlier: that the two share the same space and thus a Stride Action moves both of them.

PSS Editing done. I think the post now works with (1) the updated location of Sal and (2) the appropriate Action Economy assuming Mr. Mud is being carried by Cyntheria in such a way as the latter has both hands free.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

Normally a summoner can ride their eidolon as long as the size difference is at least one class. That allows them to fill the same space(s) as the eidolon typically. Small or smaller summoners then able to fit in a normal medium space. They don't spend an action moving in that case as their eidolon uses their action for movement. However, the summoner has to spend one of their actions to control their eidolon. Basically you end up with 2 actions each and one action taken by the "mount" is typically a stride action. I believe in this instance the concept was that Cynthia was effectively an eidolon mount in this case.

Edit: If there are "tandem" feats in play that's where things can get complicated for Summoners, heh.

I used a ruler for my line, and it should technically avoid Krot although diagonals are strange in a square grid, lol. I figured the crossover point was further based on the line, avoiding Krot. Regardless, I didn't realize that Sal was there. Thus its an issue.

Your solution works, I'll edit it. The one difference being that she can move across the top with a single move, launch the boomerang from F9, and then use her half stride (from the impulse gate) to move after the impulse back 10' away from the doorway to H9. That leaves the entryway clear for the others and still hits the two trolls safely. :)

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

The key thing about summoners is that they get four actions between them.

Cyntheria could stride to H11, flanking with Krot, and strike twice. That would leave Mr Mud with one action to cast Protect Companion

Cyntheria can't reach H11 without passing through threatened squares and thus provoking an AoO.

The "four actions" is a bit constrained. For example, one cannot have the four actions split 2-2. In any case, what you suggested there, other than being able to reach H11, is what I edited the IC post to be.

6 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I'll try and post when I can, but all I have for maps and non avatar images on MW at present are all leading to broken links.

I suspect GM is editing the map ... and we probably need to await a Round 2 start: didn't the guard have the highest initiative?

Tower Guard 21
Razvan 15
Sal 13

Troblin 11
Loreli 8
Mr Mud 17
Cyntheria 8
Krot 5

5 minutes ago, Vedast said:

Cyntheria can't reach H11 without passing through threatened squares and thus provoking an AoO.

The "four actions" is a bit constrained. For example, one cannot have the four actions split 2-2. In any case, what you suggested there, other than being able to reach H11, is what I edited the IC post to be.

Most creatures in PF2e don't get attacks of opportunity so you're pretty safe.

11 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I'll try and post when I can, but all I have for maps and non avatar images on MW at present are all leading to broken links.

Where the image shows a URL of www.myth-weavers..... change it to og.myth-weavers....

It might be easier to save the image and reupload it to Baldr.

How does initiative work for a Summoner/Eidolon? Since the Act Together feature is an Action/Activity in and of itself (how the two gain the extra Action), it seems that they would have to share an initiative turn. I couldn't find anything explicit on this other than implicit language in the eidolon descriptive text.

https://www.myth-weavers.com///mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_10/image.png.d89dd1362acae00595aeb1c449569c75.png

I tried www.og.myth-weavers... and og.myth-weavers... and neither worked.

PS in lieu of the map, at the moment, can Razvan STEP one square (avoiding an AoO from the guard, if any) and then make two bow attacks? I guess the idea would be to Step clear and fire the bow.

If the difficult terrain and/or other space constraints preclude this tactic (cannot Step into DT), then Razvan will drop the bow (free action), draw his short sword, then attack twice with it. The plan being for next round to draw his mace; then use Double Slice (2A). This is why I was inquiring the other day about the number of Actions needed to draw two weapons.

Please let me know and I'll post/roll accordingly.

1 hour ago, Vedast said:

How does initiative work for a Summoner/Eidolon? Since the Act Together feature is an Action/Activity in and of itself (how the two gain the extra Action), it seems that they would have to share an initiative turn. I couldn't find anything explicit on this other than implicit language in the eidolon descriptive text.

https://www.myth-weavers.com///mwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_10/image.png.d89dd1362acae00595aeb1c449569c75.png

I tried www.og.myth-weavers... and og.myth-weavers... and neither worked.

PS in lieu of the map, at the moment, can Razvan STEP one square (avoiding an AoO from the guard, if any) and then make two bow attacks? I guess the idea would be to Step clear and fire the bow.

If the difficult terrain and/or other space constraints preclude this tactic (cannot Step into DT), then Razvan will drop the bow (free action), draw his short sword, then attack twice with it. The plan being for next round to draw his mace; then use Double Slice (2A). This is why I was inquiring the other day about the number of Actions needed to draw two weapons.

Please let me know and I'll post/roll accordingly.

I think you're right about initiative. Do they share a perception score? Regardless, I moved Mr Mudd down the initiative to the same as Cyntheria just because it was easier.

Yes, you can step (or stride is you want to risk the guard not having a reactive strike (AoO) reaction) one square and then Strike with your bow twice.

9 minutes ago, hoverfrog said:

I think you're right about initiative. Do they share a perception score? Regardless, I moved Mr Mudd down the initiative to the same as Cyntheria just because it was easier.

Yes, you can step (or stride is you want to risk the guard not having a reactive strike (AoO) reaction) one square and then Strike with your bow twice.

It isn't so clear from the start, but it would appear that the Summoner & Eidolon share a Perception score. The Summoner starts at Trained in Perception. Then one finds:

Your eidolon's level is equal to yours. It begins with expert proficiency in Fortitude and Will saves and trained proficiency in Reflex saves. In addition, it is trained in unarmed attacks and unarmored defense. It shares your skill proficiencies (but, technically, Perception is not a skill). Certain class features increase your eidolon's proficiencies. (Perception is not explicitly cited here so I suppose the default is Trained for both.)

Shared VigilanceLevel 3

You and your eidolon work together to remain alert to threats around you, allowing you to perceive far more together than you could individually. Your proficiency rank in Perception and your eidolon's proficiency rank in Perception increase to expert.

So this class feature seems to now make explicit that the intention is for the Summoner and Eidolon to share the Perception track.

Btw, I "moved" M&C just to ... well ... move things. If another player would like (enjoy) taking on the RP of M&C, at least until a longer-term solution is found, please say so.