The Coming Dawn - Page 1

Xerin

Volker Riese - Der Drache

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyVolker actually has mixed feelings about that and gives a bit of a giggle. He just shrugs, and follows Jack on this.

"English is nt my first language - but this is jus' a game, right? And the losers jus' have to wash dishes for a few days, ja?" he gives, a little confused but just shrugging.

"I mean, ask nicely and I'll just say it. I'll play the game because I'm having fun but I actually Breathe Fire, I'm not going to take this game that seriously."

Title

spacer.pngJack Aldrich - Eldritch

Hero Points 0 | Damage 0 | Initiative +2 | Perception +5 | Insight +5

Dodge 2/11 | Parry 4/11 | Fortitude 4 | Toughness 4 | Will 6

Jack listens to the two girls and boy before heading to another table with Francis feeling like he came into the conversation halfway through. He replies to the girl, "s'up Saba, Miguel, Paul. I'm Jack. That big German fire-breather is my roommate Volker."

"I guess I've got to Google our faculty. They sound solid. What's this about gatekeeping?" He looks to Francis before he heads away.

Johanna Jager - Photonspacer.png

Dodge: 13 | Parry: 15

Fortitude: +5 | Toughness: +4 | Will: +4

Advantages | Powers | Attacks

image.jpeg.a5f9cd9a617aa65566b207eff63b37d7.jpegBarda Doyenne

Dodge 4 • Parry 4 • Toughness 8 • Fort 6 • Will 4

Hero Points 1 Perception +3

Ranged "Heat Vision" +6 (300/600/1200 ft) • Damage 6 • Distracting

Melee Unarmed +7 • Damage 5

Barda had spent most of her time wandering the school, getting familiar with the layout of the buildings, and looking for ways to get into the boy's floor without being caught. As she wandered, she kept her eyes out for the movements of the two boys she had spotted earlier. Not approaching, just watching and keeping track.

Eventually, she made her way to the cafeteria, loading a plate down with a truly impressive pile of food. She had only just taken a bite of a burger when the girl, Kannd'r apparently, loudly announced her team affiliation and then floated off through the room. Barda's brows furrowed for a moment. Was this a trick? Some kind of ploy? 

After a moment's pause, she tears through the rest of the burger and then picks her plate up, following slowly through the room listening to any chatter she could catch. This was an interesting game, in it's own way. Not quite her Forte, but she'd catch up soon enough.

A gout of flame catches her attention for a second and she moves towards the group. "You can breath fire? That is an impressive ability."

Jake Murphy - The Goose

Jake

Title

Character Sheet

OOC: I know Jake has kind of moved ahead time-wise, but if it doesn't screw anything up Jake could possibly flashback to a conversation with the others in the cafeteria. Or if not, he can continue to wander the halls getting the lay of the land.

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyVolker nods with the lines about their teachers, he hears them on that. At the same time though.

"I hear you. Just thinking the game is never won in the First Period." he speaks with a chuckle, his hockey stick getting a little lift for attention. When Barda speaks up he looks over and give a little bow.

He closes his eyes, takes a breath, and opens his mouth in a general smiling form and a deep red light starts to come from inside, some heat obviously escaping. Fortunately, that seems to be all he wants to do at present as he pulls it back.

"I made the news in my home country, Der Drache von WunsiedelThe Dragon of Wunsiedel. This is also supposed to be Hero High, ja?"

Title

After Jack gets his question answered from Saba, Miguel, or Paul about Gatekeeping, he replies to them, "what are your abilities?" Looking at the one who answers and actively listening.

Looking at Barda, he asks, "And you too? Were you one of the girls who arrived by flight?" His teenage sight is overwhelmed by beauty again, like staring at the sun. He looks away blinking.

OOC

@Xerin What's this about gatekeeping? Rolling Insight vs the answers

And I don't remember if Jack and Barda were ever introduced. @Khakhan Do you?

Name
Insight
1d20+5 9

Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.dab08741c4105a45ee1b4c3a43bcf1f3.jpeg"They said I could only sit and eat with them if I showed them my slips of paper," Francis answered Jack. "And I have an issue with that. Think about it: nobody knows who Batman was. His secret identity was his 'slip of paper'. Does that mean he shouldn't have been allowed to work with the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman, because he wouldn't tell them who he was? Is he less of a hero for keeping parts of himself hidden like that?"

When Saba showed her slip of paper, he took a look at it. "But there are other ways to prove your worth," he added, a contemplative look crossing his face as he studied the symbols. Then, with quiet confidence, Francis said, "Your word is 'sapphire'."

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

Voice Claim for Francis - Robin (Jesse McCartney)

Voice Claim for Maahes - Mufasa (James Earl Jones)

OOC: -

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

image.jpeg.a5f9cd9a617aa65566b207eff63b37d7.jpegBarda Doyenne

Dodge 4 • Parry 4 • Toughness 8 • Fort 6 • Will 4

Hero Points 1 Perception +3

Ranged "Heat Vision" +6 (300/600/1200 ft) • Damage 6 • Distracting

Melee Unarmed +7 • Damage 5

Barda nodded in response to Volker's statement/question about the school. "A Dragon? Indeed. I'd expect many of our classmates to have similarly impressive abilities." 

Turning to Jack, she nods. "I did indeed fly myself here. My name is Barda." She lifts off the ground slightly in demonstration. "It is a very useful ability." Taking a bite of a second burger off her plate, she chewed and swallowed before continuing. "I cannot breath fire myself, but I have other skills." She looks down and focuses for a second, and her eyes begin to glow a deep scarlet before a beam of energy lances out and neatly bisects the burger.

When Francis spoke up she turns to him, a smile spreading across her features. "You are a fan of science fiction movies as well?"

OOC

@JubalBreakbottle I don't think Jack and Barda did meet, but she didn't really introduce herself to most people after arriving at nearly her top speed.

Kannd'r

kaandr_2.jpg.c6a2f9d3452cc47f298d0798e985a3ed.jpg

Hero points 0 | Damage 0 | Initiative 0 | Perception 4 | Insight 4

Dodge/Parry: 3 | Toughness: 9 | Fortitude: 6 | Will: 4

Advantages

Attractive 2

Power Attack

Skills

Acrobatics 2
Athletics 10
Deception 5*
Insight 4
Intimidate 6
Peception 4
Persuasion 5*

Attacks

Unarmed: +10 Damage. +2 Atk. DC:25.
Star Fist: +14 Damage. +2 Atk. DC:26. 19-20 Crit. AutoAttack. Split.
Heat Vision: +3 Damage. +6 Atk. DC:18. Penetration 3.
Star Bolts: +5 Damage. +4 Atk. DC:20.

Kannd'r having likewise finished her own food flew, well more floated down to the location were not just Volker and jack were located but also now another girl. The other girl who had like her arrived by flight. Kannd'r floating down to the three from her spot on the roof, now sans the leather jacket with the shirt underneath being notable backness and not much in the way of sleeves, not quite racy by most standards but allowing her to get a good deal of sun at times.

"Guten Tag Herr Volker, and... guests? Hello." She directed her hello to barda. "I do not believe we have met as of yet."

Mechanics & OOC
Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)

Jared Keeso in Monster Warriors : r/LetterkennyVolker most certainly did noticed the half of a shirt Kannd'r was wearing, taking things in for a moment before speaking.

"Like I said, I will play the game as it is fun - but I refuse to take it too seriously. But I am not telling anyone my slip until they ask nicely." he gives with a bit of a chuckle.

"Though how you broke the code, I would like to know." he does add. Seeing the laser eyes gets him a smirk too.

"The Laser Eyes? Does that use Heat?" he asks, thinking he's going to enjoy it here.

"Guten Tag, Frau Kannd'r. Freude an der Sprache?Hello, Kannd'r. Enjoying the Language?" he asks, flexing back a bit. He hasn't had a chance to change his shirt yet, he remembers that. He probably should get to it.

Title

Francis King - Lionheart

image.jpeg.dab08741c4105a45ee1b4c3a43bcf1f3.jpegFrancis offered a knowing smile to Barda. "History and historical fiction are more my thing. Think more along the lines of Indiana Jones, Gladiator, or Kingdom of Heaven," he replied. His gaze lingered on her for a while, drawn by her inherent attractiveness. Not only did she have some cool powers, she seemed confident and comfortable in her own skin. The mention of her interest in sci-fi movies, hinting at her possibly also being a bit of a nerd, caused his interest in her to linger in the back of his mind for a while.

Turning to Volker as he asked about him breaking the code, he just pocketed his hands and raised an eyebrow. "I did my research. But, I'm reserving that knowledge for my team, which I don't think you are. I'll gladly read your slip and tell you your word, though."

When Kannd'r flew down to join them, Francis found himself briefly lost for words. Seeing her up close, he was struck by her beauty, taking in her pretty face, rich brown eyes, flowing hair, and athletic form. While he couldn't quite get a beat on her personality, like he did with Barda, she seemed friendly enough. After taking a moment to collect himself, he gave her a welcoming smile and an up-nod. "Oh, hey, what's up? I'm Francis, nice to meet you."

Mechanics & OOC

Character Sheet

Voice Claim for Francis - Robin (Jesse McCartney)

Voice Claim for Maahes - Mufasa (James Earl Jones)

OOC: -

When the second hawt girl arrives, Jack's teenage hormones tilt. It takes Volker and Francis actually talking in front of them to give him time to recover his wits.

He surprises himself by not stammering, "hey Barda, I'm Jack."

Pivoting as coolly as possible, he looks at Francis, "yeah. I'd like to know how you cracked that code, too. Maybe later... or now. Whatever you want." He thinks about trying to asking one of the girls something cool but cannot think of anything. Better to look like a fool than open your mouth and prove, Constantine would say.

OOC

@Xerin I'm assuming the NPCs will eventually reply to Jack, but I'm going to keep going