Out-of-Character Stuff

Blue Jay

I did some digging and found them. Exotic One-Handed (proficiency with whip gives proficiency with whip-dagger) Medium is 1d6, 19-20/x2, 3lbs, Slashing. Has the same special rules (trip, disarm) as the non-dagger version.

14 minutes ago, MrNeech said:

I did some digging and found them. Exotic One-Handed (proficiency with whip gives proficiency with whip-dagger) Medium is 1d6, 19-20/x2, 3lbs, Slashing. Has the same special rules (trip, disarm) as the non-dagger version.

Last time I looked it this it had a reach of 15'. Is that still true or did they shorten it back to 10'?

Still 15', yes. It has all the same features as a whip, but with better crit/damage (and slightly heavier) - and ignores the whip's limitation about armor/natural armor.

Just out of curiosity is there a druid build that forgoes a druid's natural magic in lieu of shapeshifting and physical combat? I ask because I want to build a sorcerer/druid but I don't know how to get to 19 wis `19 cha.

Druid magic is great at battlefield control or summoning. Especially summoning; even if Summon Nature's Ally isn't as strong as Summon Monster. As for getting 19 wis/cha, items over time are probably your best bet. Focus on whichever magic is going to require saving throws the most first and then get the other casting stat up to 14/15 to start. Just enough to cast mid-level spells for the early levels. You won't need that 19 until much later.

Luckily I'm using mephlings which give me a 16/16 start on stats. So I'll only need +3. I thought about focusing on wisdom first especially since I'm going arcane heirophant. It should be interesting to say the least.

I just got a little thing yesterday and today. A little snafu if you will. So I answered to some games and I maybe answer to others I'm a member but one I GM has a day off. I thing until tomorrow all will be fine, if not I'll keep you updated.

2 hours ago, Divinedragonslayer said:

Just out of curiosity is there a druid build that forgoes a druid's natural magic in lieu of shapeshifting and physical combat? I ask because I want to build a sorcerer/druid but I don't know how to get to 19 wis `19 cha.

Yep, unearthed arcana has the druid variants.

5 hours ago, Divinedragonslayer said:

I don't think there's a way to trade out your spells completely, but there are druidic prestige classes that make that sort of tradeoff: Beastmaster, Master of Many Forms and Warshaper all cater to druids without advancing druid spellcasting.

Druidic Avenger (from Unearthed Arcana) is a pretty solid melee choice: trade your animal companion for rage like a barbarian. Just be a little cognizant about going overboard with it.

Also, with Arcane Hierophant, make sure you're aware or our house rules for dual-progression classes.

5 hours ago, Divinedragonslayer said:

Have you considered a Totemist? Magic of Incarnum?

If you want to focus on shapeshifting and natural combat over spellcasting with that combo, I'd suggest going Wild Shape Ranger. There's also a variant from I believe Complete Champion that lets you give up spellcasting in exchange for bonus feats. Then go Master of Many Forms at level 6. It would let you focus on Charisma, because once Wild Shape/MoMF comes online you're supplementing your physical stats with those of whatever you're transformed into; while Ranger gives you a stronger chassis than Druid (BaB, skill points, hit die).

7 hours ago, MrNeech said:

If you want to focus on shapeshifting and natural combat over spellcasting with that combo, I'd suggest going Wild Shape Ranger. There's also a variant from I believe Complete Champion that lets you give up spellcasting in exchange for bonus feats. Then go Master of Many Forms at level 6. It would let you focus on Charisma, because once Wild Shape/MoMF comes online you're supplementing your physical stats with those of whatever you're transformed into; while Ranger gives you a stronger chassis than Druid (BaB, skill points, hit die).

There is a Ranger without Spells (I used it for Cufwell when I created him back in 2015 as I didn't want a caster). I enjoy using it, but the internet is very critical of it. I'm sure I don't use all of the benefits nearly enough, but I wanted Dual-Wielding and Rangers are cool! 😁