Out-of-Character Stuff

Blue Jay

Even if it wasn't required, I would always want to justify my high diplomancy skills with a reasonable ability to write speeches. That was never gonna happen though, so I mostly avoid it.

I like various playstyles. It's fun. Even being a murderhobo is fun with the right character! I just have a slightly harder time being a socialFu player due to not being very sociable myself. Speaking of which. I think its almost time for me to start thinking on the next character soon! My adventure plan has stagnated however.

I'm with @joran1313 on this one, while I did as @MrNeech at the beginning played characters that were basically people-shaped wrecking balls with minimal speech capacity. Over time I felt like branching out and exploring a bit more. I found that more/less all kinds of characters can be fun with the right party and correct mindset, I mean I did play a character who was forbidden to do any kind of damage to enemies and found it not only a kinda challenge, like a puzzle to solve. But also got some very good RP out of it. Character worked. True it was in PF and there powerlevels are a bit off.

Guys guys guys! I finally got my act together and finished writing my novel, The Land Set Aflame! 95 chapters, 110,000 words, and it only took me a year and half! 😅

It's still scheduled to release a new chapter every Wednesday on Wattpad (see the link in my sig below), and the last chapter (the epilogue) will drop on 31 July.

I can't believe I actually did this, guys!

Please go have a look at it and tell me what you think!

-----

Also, if you don't want to commit to a whole novel, I also have a science fiction short story (~3500 words) about artificial intelligence, called "Jeff Wrote This", also on Wattpad.

Go check it out!

Huzzah! I tend to avoid Wattpad though. Frankly, I wasn't aware it had actual content on it rather than just a bunch of bad, unfinished fanfictions. Most of my online reading is done on Scribble Hub and Royal Road. I might check your story out anyway though. If only because it's likely to actually be good. orc4.gif.90f02085a9241ef5c23fc71455985bfc.gif

5 hours ago, Blue Jay said:

Guys guys guys! I finally got my act together and finished writing my novel, The Land Set Aflame! 95 chapters, 110,000 words, and it only took me a year and half! 😅

It's still scheduled to release a new chapter every Wednesday on Wattpad (see the link in my sig below), and the last chapter (the epilogue) will drop on 31 July.

I can't believe I actually did this, guys!

Please go have a look at it and tell me what you think!

-----

Also, if you don't want to commit to a whole novel, I also have a science fiction short story (~3500 words) about artificial intelligence, called "Jeff Wrote This", also on Wattpad.

Go check it out!

My very envious congratulations, after nearly 3 years and 175k words I got stuck at the last third of the book and haven't made progress in nearly 6 months. You have no idea how jealous I am right now. But happy too, it is a great thing, and difficult to achieve too. Congrats 🙂

Congrats Blue Jay! A long hard road well walked.

On a separate note, my pc seems to had a power supply failure. It will make getting on a post more interesting for a while. Please expect delays and confusing post formatting for a while. I’m not used to posting from a phone or tablet and it’s kinda what I’m stuck with for now.

@Barrigan - no need to pay for healing or restoration; returning to the Tavern after a mission restores a character to full health.

Feel free to role-play that how you like, but it happens free of charge as part of the Tavern's services for patrons.

17 hours ago, Delia2531 said:

@Barrigan - no need to pay for healing or restoration; returning to the Tavern after a mission restores a character to full health.

Feel free to role-play that how you like, but it happens free of charge as part of the Tavern's services for patrons.

Oh, that's helpful, thanks! I guess if the Tavern brings adventurers who died on missions back from the dead, restoring otherwise permanent constitution loss is nothing!