Out-of-Character Stuff

Blue Jay

1 hour ago, Faeryl_ said:

That's rough, buddy. Sorry to hear everyone was sick. Hope they're doing better now!

We're fine. I worked from home a couple days, and the kids missed some school, but it was mainly just interfering with our schedules that was the problem: it just made it hard to devote time to online roleplaying games.

. . . I need to get around to getting the Arena up and running on this site.

Just need the GMs to tell me how they want it done, a separate tab or a continuous recruiting message and arena thread. If they want a separate tab like it used to be, they will have to make one for me.

Alternatively, a Tavern IC thread + a continuous recruiting thread might be appropriate so other characters can comment on the fights. If it gets busy they can always add a second Arena field IC thread.

Edit: I'll take suggestions for a new name instead of Ares' Arena. I was thinking the Planar Arena, or Planar Realms Arena.

Edited by DragonFriend (see edit history)

It might work decently as an Exp farm so GMs who want to run mid to high lvl games have players. Since this is a new start there is a lot of new blood, like me, with just starting characters. I have 3 level 3's and all are out on missions but I think just one might level up to 4. @DragonFriend if you clear it with mods it could be like a gladiatorial pit in the same place as Tavern. Basically another place besides Tavern IC where adventurers could spend time watching, gambling on matches, and honing their skills. Maybe the owner has some portal that can teleport various nuisances as the enemies. Something like Black Pits from Baldur's Gate ED video game. Frankly, I think I spent more time there than in the campaign. I've beaten the campaign twice, once as melee and once as the caster. But it would get stale going through every permutation of the main character, so I usually fire up Black Pits to make a some whacky party (once I RPd in my head that they are all 6 Dwarves caught in a tavern and that edition had quite a few restrictions on Dwarves) and play for as long as it's fun. Then I make some new ones and on and on I go. Still have a game installed like 4 years after I beat the campaign. I managed to get pretty far with all the caster party but didn't have much luck in full caster party department.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

@Grudge If you check the old site I made one there and it was pretty busy, and Blue Jay has already asked me to port it over here I have just been trying to work out the details of how he wants it ported. I'm trying to make it more IC and interactive than it used to be.

On 3/7/2024 at 4:15 AM, DragonFriend said:

Sorry for the delay in my posts, had a plumbing issue that required me to leave my house for a night and I haven't updated the new log in info on my phone or tablet. I have to clean tonight but I'll catch up on any posts I need to make tomorrow.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:20 PM, Blue Jay said:

Apologies for the posting delays this last week: my whole family have been sick, off-and-on, my work has picked up, and we had several extracurricular activities taking up my evenings.

I'll try to get everything caught up again today.

Sounds like it was a busy week everywhere! I had two new products going live at work, plus I picked up two new ones in my Army Reserve activities, plus I've been asked to step in as Project Lead due our current one retiring (and apply for the permanent role)!

If anyone is still waiting for me, please shout.

The last few weeks were busy for me as well. Military training got pretty intense, then we had a bit of a break, the entirety of which I spent playing Helldivers 2 and hanging out with friends. I'm getting around to updating all my respective posts here, so thanks for your guys' patience!

Hey does anyone know if there is a way to save forum custom filters? I set it for the IC and OOC to only show threads I have posted in so that I can cut out any games I am not in for here. Unfortunately it does not seem to stick.

When I was transferring games from OGMW I did something, but it was an entire game, and I don't remember what exactly. I'll retrace my steps and let you know if I ran into what you need. If someone knows without game of whack-a-mole I'm gonna play with filters feel free to jump in.

On 3/13/2024 at 3:55 AM, rogueblade0729 said:

The last few weeks were busy for me as well. Military training got pretty intense, then we had a bit of a break, the entirety of which I spent playing Helldivers 2 and hanging out with friends. I'm getting around to updating all my respective posts here, so thanks for your guys' patience!

I heard great things from my friends for Helldivers 2, saying it is probably the best coop action game they have ever experienced.

1 hour ago, Ensou said:

I heard great things from my friends for Helldivers 2, saying it is probably the best coop action game they have ever experienced.

I've heard people say they haven't enjoyed a game like HD2 since Left 4 Dead / L4D2. I never really got into those games as their peak, but Helldivers is absolutely a fantastic co-op experience, which I generally have more fun with than competitive FPS or battle royales.