Phoera Hunt OOC

Blue Jay

This thread is for OOC chat and rewards tracking for the Phoera Hunt mission.

XP Trackers

Ez Chazak, 3rd level (Total = 3930 XP)

Character Sheet

Starting XP: 3000 XP

-

240 XP --- Grue Scouts Encounter

630 XP --- Nothic Necromancer

2160 XP --- Chase Scene

900 XP --- Mission Completion

Gothika, 5th level (Total = 3000 XP)

Character Sheet

Starting XP: 12,350 XP

-

200 XP --- Grue Scouts Encounter

500 XP --- Nothic Necromancer

1800 XP --- Chase Scene

Gregory McCann, 4th level (Total = 3660 XP)

Character Sheet

Starting XP: 6578 XP

-

200 XP --- Grue Scouts Encounter

560 XP --- Nothic Necromancer

2000 XP --- Chase Scene

HooGrawr, 4th level (Total = 3700 XP)

Character Sheet

Starting XP: 6300 XP

-

2000 XP --- Chase Scene

Kildrak Grimbeard, 4th level (Total = 3700 XP)

Character Sheet

Starting XP: 8828 XP

-

2000 XP --- Chase Scene

Players

@Inash

@joran1313

@paladinred

@rogueblade0729

@Rudolf (you must have been the first Rudolf on the site, because there's a whole list of usernames with Rudolf+something now)

Edited by Blue Jay (see edit history)

Welcome, Rudolf!

I dropped 3e a couple years ago when I stopped having time to play at RFT. I've picked up 5e now, and I think it's more fun to play in-person around a table (because of the simplicity of things). But, 3e is still so much more fun to build and experiment with, and it's fun for play-by-post (where I have the time to think through things between posts, and flex my writing muscles).

I caught myself using 5e action economy in an ongoing mission at OGMW a couple weeks ago: my chain devil stood up from prone, moved up to the players, and made a full attack on them. I'd forgotten how stingy 3e is with action economy!

4 minutes ago, Blue Jay said:

Welcome, Rudolf!

I dropped 3e a couple years ago when I stopped having time to play at RFT. I've picked up 5e now, and I think it's more fun to play in-person around a table (because of the simplicity of things). But, 3e is still so much more fun to build and experiment with, and it's fun for play-by-post (where I have the time to think through things between posts, and flex my writing muscles).

I caught myself using 5e action economy in an ongoing mission at OGMW a couple weeks ago: my chain devil stood up from prone, moved up to the players, and made a full attack on them. I'd forgotten how stingy 3e is with action economy!

I spent the last 5+ years DMing for 5e, both on MW and IRL, so I totally get the struggle.

These are the tokens I'll use for your characters on the maps. My habit is to match your character's circular "base" to the color of your speech text. In this case, with Gothika and Kildrak both using black text, I adjusted the colors slightly to make them distinct.

Feel free to propose changes to the minis, if you want them.

@Inash, your character sheet says HooGrawr is Small size. Is that correct? Also, have I ever GMed for you before?

Tokens/Minis

PH Map PC Tokens.png

Edited by Blue Jay (see edit history)

So, among the veteran adventurers in the tavern, which I know is many, who would be the best to ask about planar creatures like the Phoera and how to hunt and/or lure one to trap? I'm sure there is a planar druid or planar ranger or high leveled mage/Factotum of some sort that would know this knowledge that we can ask.