Phoera Hunt OOC

Blue Jay

@Inash

Springing the Trap: You can do this one of two ways. You can rig an automatic mechanism to close the cage when the phoera triggers the trap, or you can hide and trigger the trap manually.

1. Automatic Mechanism: This is a Craft (trapmaking) check (which I'll allow untrained). I'll also allow Knowledge (architecture & engineering), or maybe another type of Craft check, if you justify it well. The phoera will get a Reflex save to evade the trap, with a DC equal to the Craft/Knowledge check result, plus a potential circumstance modifier determined by your Survival check.
  2. Manual Mechanism: This will be a Hide check from one person in the group, opposed by the phoera. If you win, you get a surprise round, which pretty much guarantees that you catch the phoera. If the phoera wins, we'll roll Initiative.

I used the Survival check because you specifically rolled it for setting a trap. It looks like you specifically declared the Hide check for the same thing, so that's fair.

And, using the rune for the Survival check makes sense too: you've got plenty of time to prepare and plan like that, so it would make sense for you to do it.

I'll get that post up in a moment.

Ugh! Everything at this new site takes extra effort, and the behavior of post functions seems pretty erratic and confusing. Hopefully y'all can figure out what's going on there. I accidentally used commas on the first rolls, so I rerolled with the right syntax, and it's saying 2 of the 3 rerolls have errors. I can't strike them out or anything, so it's intelligible.

Curse you and your overpowered stunning attack! I can't believe you get that at this level!

Also, I bumped up the damage for flesh-rotting gaze to make it dangerous for y'all, and so far I've rolled 4+1+1 and 5+1+1 for damage. 🙄

DM problems, right?

I'm very frustrated with this website. It feels like there are a lot of inconsistencies with post behavior. I've been double-checking my posts after posting, because things keep going wrong, and everything's there when I walk away from a post; but the next day you guys are reporting things missing from it.

On this most recent post, my map didn't show up. But I had checked it after posting, and the map was there.

On the previous post, I use the Clone function to carry over from the post before it; and the cloned post removed the contents of the OOC tags (where I tracked the monsters' hit points). I recreated it, then proceeded to write the post. Yesterday, I discovered that the contents of the "Initiative and Status" spoiler were missing. So, I recreated them. Now, the map is missing from that post.

And there is the disconnect between the inline dice codes and the table dice codes. It looks like it's a lookup error, rather than a copy-n-paste error (like I thought previously), so I guess I just need to rename the codes (e.g., instead of "Slam vs Kildrak" two times, I need to write "Slam1 vs Kildrak" and "Slam2 vs Kildrak"). But, unlike the OGMW site, you can't make any changes after the fact, so I just have to make sure it's correct before I post.

Maybe I just need to relearn HTML and use the "Source" view for my edits: that will be more like what I'm used to doing on OGMW.