Phoera Hunt OOC

Blue Jay

The claws are piercing and slashing, so likely subject to DR. The bite is piercing, slashing and bludgeoning (nasty that) so ... It all depends on if a 17 is a hit. I know a 15 misses and a 20 hits, but not anything in between.

Edit: assuming DR5/bludgeoning (which is standard skelly DR - these could have more), she did at most 11 damage.

Also, I really should have made a 5' step to set up flanking.

Edited by Inash (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothic Ambush Encounter

Bladvog, the nothic necromancer, was CR 4, and his burning skeletons (from Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil) were CR 3, for an EL 7 encounter.

630 XP - Ez Chazak

560 XP - Gregory, HooGrawr, Kildrak

500 XP - Gothika

Loot

Bladvog was carrying the following items on his person:

• wand bracer
  • wand of Kelgore's gravemist (CL 3rd, 10 charges remaining, 1080 gp)
  • wand of ray of enfeeblement (CL 1st, 21 charges remaining, 315 gp)
  • wand of command undead (CL 3rd, 11 charges remaining, 990 gp)
  • a spell tile of attune form (CL 5th, 750 gp) --- it's like a potion, but you break it to release the magic instead of drinking it.

Alright, a chase sequence. Unfortunately, Kildrak isn't really built for speed. He is, however, like all dwarves: very dangerous over short distances!

I'm thinking Kildrak hops off the wagon and tries to draw aggro as much as he can, trying to slow down these firenewts. The only thing is, he's almost certainly going to be left behind that way.

Alternatively, he could serve as the last line of defense. He can be the only PC to remain in the cart, using his tower shield and defensive capabilities to hold off any enemies that make it past you guys.

What do you all think?

Gregory and Gothika can fly. Gregory after a spell and Gothika naturally. If HooGrawr drops to her smallest form, that will reduce the load, leaving Ez and Kildrak. Ez has a fast move speed, so he should be able to keep up and even harry the pursuers as we go along. I say we leave Kildrak on the cart as he is the slowest, and if his weight is too much, I have a rune of reduce person that can be used as well.

18 hours ago, joran1313 said:

Gregory and Gothika can fly. Gregory after a spell and Gothika naturally. If HooGrawr drops to her smallest form, that will reduce the load, leaving Ez and Kildrak. Ez has a fast move speed, so he should be able to keep up and even harry the pursuers as we go along. I say we leave Kildrak on the cart as he is the slowest, and if his weight is too much, I have a rune of reduce person that can be used as well.

Hoograwr generally stays in her smallest form (currently 29 lbs with maybe 3 pounds of gear). I just double-checked and her speed doesn't appear to get increased when she changes form.

She will stay on the wagon as the next to final defense and bail if they get past EZ. I think she can make herself pretty hard to ignore.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's just make it simple. If you explicitly say you're hiding behind a tree trunk, then I'll give you cover, and I'll also say that your opponents get half the benefits of cover (+2 AC) until you come out of hiding. Otherwise, no one has cover.