Part I: The Slaughtergarde Laboratory

Gwen Blodwenspacer.png

Gwen| Paladin 1 | AC16 Touch: 9 | HP: 11/11 | Fort +3 | Ref +0 | Will +0 | Spot/Listen +0/+0

"I'm with you Camlann lets go see what the commotion is. If it's a shaman then we need to be careful."

Keeping her blade ready Gwen gets ready to.carefully follow Camlann towards the source of the chanting.

OOC

Crescenda

image.jpeg.988d75254c362aa82cbf7e00eda6246d.jpegCrescenda | WizardConjuror Variant of Wizard 2 | Spells used - L0: 1/5; L1: 3/4 | AC12/16Dexterity +2

Touch 12
Flat-Footed 10

If Mage Armor is cast and active, Hagen's Armor becomes: AC16, T12, FF 14
| HP: 11/11 | Fort +2 | Ref +2 | Will +4 | Spot/Listen +1/+1

Crescenda nods at others when they talk. Especiall their holy priest.

"A good idea," she offers to the others when they look to be rearing to go talk violence with the shaman. Turning to address Fable, Crescenda continues speaking and indicartes at their captive's throat: "I imagine we should follow. Would you care for the honors? Or shall I?"

Conditions, Actions And Things Of Interest

Darkvision 60 ft

Darkness 1/Day; as per spell, as a spell-like ability;

Resist 5    Cold
Resist 5    Fire
Resist 5    Electricity

Edited by Ruess (see edit history)

Father Wilwick Bramblemane, Halfling Cleric

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=17, Touch=12, FF=17 / HP=13/13 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=2, Will = 7  ________________________________________________________________________

Wilwick smiles and nods affirmatively when the group decides to postpone their interrogation of the goblin prisoner and instead to promptly proceed to check out the strange chanting-like sounds that the small padre first heard and alerted the party about in connection with investigating the source.

However, he also did not trust the 'greenie' and, thus, bolsters the goblin's restraints taking a cloth and a pair of foot-long rawhide cords out of his pack which he uses it to tightly tie the goblin's hands behind his back at the wrists, another tied around each ankle loosely connected to act as a hobble to keep the prisoner from running, before finally using the clean rag to gag the captive.

Before the group proceeds further, Father Bramblemane calls forth the blessings of the gods upon the party saying in a soft voice, "May the gods bless us and lift us up in the coming battles," causing a divine wave of force to wash over the Halfling cleric and his allies lifting their spirits and inspiring them to success in any coming battles.

Drawing his sling and loading a tiny, yet heavy lead bullet, Wilwick grins and says, "That prayer will help us with our attacks in case there is a fight, which at this point seems quite like." Pausing one last time to double-check the group's flank, the minister paints his face with a big smile as he whispers, "I'm ready when you guys are. Lead the way!"

Mechanics

Swift Action:

Free Action:

Move Action:

Standard Action: Cast Bless Spell on Party just before they begin to proceed forward

Continuing Effects:  Draconic Aura - (+1 to initiative, Listen, and Spot checks when within 30 ft. of Camlann); Bless Spell (ALL ALLIES have a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and fear saving throws for 20/20 rounds)

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

Camlann Cobb

Seeing the prisoner securely bound, Camlann grips his halberd and nods to the others. "Very well, onwards to glory! Or certain death, whichever comes first," he says with a wink before advancing down the corridor.

Show this

Throwing in a Listen and Spot check, just in case.

Name
Listen check
1d20 19
Spot check
1d20 12

The prisoner seems to be pretty well tied up. The others find a large amount of papers and a few books (50 lbs total) covered in a bizarre script that Crescenda recognizes as the infernal language. It would take her quite some time to sort out anything that is useful or valuable, however.

You filter out of the room through a narrow natural tunnel. You come to what is little more than a wide spot in the narrow tunnel, the room's floor is nothing but watery mud. Rivulets of water run down the walls. Series of narrow planks stretches across the mud to another passageway.

Three shovels, three unlit torches, and 20 feet of muddy rope lie near the southern entrance.

OOC

Give me a Survival check if you want to make one.

ScreenShot2024-01-16at10_53_57PM.png.f1ffa52939e35c20e69d17dbe7e47bad.png

Fable's response to the Goblin is, thankfully, very much thankfully, cut short when The Brother speaks... Remember your regulation exercises... remember the exercises.  To Cress' question about the Goblin, she just gives a very deliberate nod and a smile. "I think he likes you more, you decide!"

Once all is said and done, the Beguiler steps in place. She assures Camlann. "I think I've worked out whatever problems I have with my cross bow, so it'll be fortune and glory from here on."

Actions - Skills

Survival, sure; but, also, Listen and Spot!

Edited by SCARY WIZARD (see edit history)
Name
Fable - Listen
1d20 2
Fable - Spot
1d20 17
Fable - Survival
1d20-1 10

Camlann Cobb

"Ugh, wouldn't want to fall into that!" Camlann declares, though he keeps his voice low. "Anyone bring a ten-foot pole so we can check how deep that puddle is?"

Show this

Survival check with a -1 modifier? I think not! 😉

Gwen Blodwenspacer.png

Gwen| Paladin 1 | AC16 Touch: 9 | HP: 11/11 | Fort +3 | Ref +0 | Will +0 | Spot/Listen +0/+0

Following Camlann's lead Gwen shuffles down the passage, leaving the bound goblin behind them. As they approach the muddy water before them Gwen tuts.

"Well that looks pleasant. I hope it isn't too deep as I doubt I'm going to be well balanced on the flimsy planks."

Gwen shakes her head at Camlann's question for a pole.

"unfortunately no."

OOC

Name
Survival
1d20+0 5

spacer.pngQUICK STATS:  AC=17, Touch=12, FF=17 / HP=13/13 / Init=0 / Saves: Fort=6, Reflex=2, Will = 7  ________________________________________________________________________

Father Bramblemane smiles as he pulls four small pieces of bamboo out of his pack and then hands them to Calamann while he whispers, "Here, this assembles into a ten-foot pole. You're more than welcome to use it, but just make sure I get it back."

"If the goblins made it across, I think I can make it as well after all I'm a lot smaller than they are," the diminutive Halfling adds in the same low voice, "And, I doubt that the boards are trapped, just slimy, but cover me just in case there is a mud monster!"

Wilwick sticks his sling into a hidden pocket in his cloak so that his hands are empty and, after a big grin at his colleagues, the tiny holy man carefully crosses the mud pocket on the planks and then takes cover at the edge of the pool using the passageway wall as cover while he quickly peeks around the corner and ducks back behind concealment.

Mechanics

Swift Action:

Free Action: Speak

Move Action:

Move: Up to 40 to cross planks

Standard Action: Take 10 ft. pole out of pack

Continuing Effects:  Draconic Aura - (+1 to initiative, Listen, and Spot checks when within 30 ft. of Camlann); Bless Spell (ALL ALLIES have a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and fear saving throws for 19/20 rounds)

Crescenda

image.jpeg.988d75254c362aa82cbf7e00eda6246d.jpegCrescenda | WizardConjuror Variant of Wizard 2 | Spells used - L0: 1/5; L1: 3/4 | AC12/16Dexterity +2

Touch 12
Flat-Footed 10

Crescenda is the last of the group to arrive to the muddy spot and may or may not have missed the holy halfing's journey across the pit. She arrives with a rag in one hand, a bloody dagger in the other, and the former is trying to return the latter to a cleaner state.

"I'll wade in the mud if it's shallow enough not to drown in," she speaks up at the sight of the pole that is provided by their incredibly useful priest. "As an aside, would our expert lend a hand examing if anyone has dropped something in it? It looks like the kind of a pit where someone will love- AGK- lose something valuable and think it too much an effort to dive into?"

Darkvision 60 ft

Resist 5    Cold
Resist 5    Fire
Resist 5    Electricity

Name
Survival
1d20+1 12
Listen
1d20+1 13
Spot
+1
Actual Spot
1d20+1 13

Ce'luna, Vaathwood Guardian

Celuna.jpg.0a7482a3ff2482fe3c946963bca3c229.jpgFemale   High Elf   Druid 1  

Init 4 | HP 8/8 | AC 12, Touch 11, FF 10 | Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4

Ce’luna follows the two fighters down the passageway, Blakesley in tow. When they come upon a large mud puddle, the furry badger sniffs around while the druidess examines it.

After a moment, she looks over at the half pint priest, holding a hand up to signal him to wait before crossing. It’s quicksand, reverend, let’s not be too hasty, she says curtly.

Show Mechanics

Actions

Free Action: 

Swift Action: 

Move Action:

Standard Action:

Skill and Abilities

Survival

Blakesly: Scent

Continuing Effects: None

Edited by snugglepooh (see edit history)
Name
Survival
1d20+9 8

image.png.291fce9479eb686c4804457d8e47acec.pngSeveral of you realize this is not just a puddle, but is in fact quicksand that would suck down anyone that attempted to walk across it. The boards do provide passage across but they look slick and rickety. It is fortunate that Ce'luna called out to Wilwick just as he was putting his foot to the boards!

The Sinking Pit

To cross the pit, we will roll initiative and enter turns like we are in combat.

Crossing at half speed will require a DC 15 balance check per round. Failing by less than 5 means you make no progress as you try to keep keep your balance. Failing by 5 or more means you fall in, with a chance for your friends to save you.

Please roll initiative and, just as important, place your token on the map before we start.

Father Bramblemane is just about to try and cross the mucky pit when Ce'luna stops him pointing out that the hole is full of quicksand, not just mundane mud, which made the task much riskier.

Well, perhaps the Elf is not so bad after all. Ya, she's way too tall and still smells funny all the time, like fresh flowers after a gentle rain, the tiny Halfling thinks to himself, but not so bad.

Looking up at the druid, Wilwick smiles and sincerely says in a low voice, "Thank you! Saved the day, gods only know how deep it is. I'm not a divinest, but I'd wager probably way over my head," the padre says with a relieved smile and slight chuckle as he puts together his ten-foot-long bamboo pole.

After considering the danger, the diminutive holy man says in a hushed voice, "Perhaps our most foot-loose party member can cross first, with a rope tied around their waist and the pole to help steady their steps like an extra long walking stick."

"If they fall in, then we can use the rope to pull them back safe. Once the first person makes it, then we just repeat the process," the small padre adds. "But then the pole will be on the opposite shore, which can be extended to the next person crossing to help 'reel' them in."

Plus, should anyone fall in after crossing most of the way, the pole can also be used to help pull them to the far side of the pit. However, if they are out of the reach of the pole, then once again we use the rope to pull them back to our side and try again," Father Bramblemane concludes by asking, "So, does anyone have a rope?"

Mechanics

Swift Action:

Free Action: Speak

Move Action:

Move:

Standard Action: Assemble 10 ft. pole out of pack

Continuing Effects:  Draconic Aura - (+1 to initiative, Listen, and Spot checks when within 30 ft. of Camlann); Bless Spell (ALL ALLIES have a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and fear saving throws for 18/20 rounds)

Name
Initiative
1d20 3

Crescenda

Touch 12
Flat-Footed 10

"Ah..." Realization and half-recalled lectures from an old man hit Crescenda not long after Ce’luna's words point out the fact. "Naturally. Do be careful, dear associates, and consider leaning on the wall. It should assist in balancing. I've little but words to offer as I lack a balancer's pole and a rope... But we could use the rope here? It is muddy and short but it is still rope."

Crescenda indicates with a boot at the bundle of torches, muddy rope and shovels.

Darkvision 60 ft

Resist 5    Cold
Resist 5    Fire
Resist 5    Electricity

Name
Initiative
1d20+2 3