OOC for non game issues

Starhawk

I realized the roll20 mechanics are limiting. Just trying to get an idea of the scenario.

Anyone can answer...

What are the blocks in front of the window on the inside of the house? Are they representing the limited view?

Is there still smoke in the room?

Can players outside the house see anyone within?

9 hours ago, Penchant said:

I was planning on making for the window next round. Are we still holding our breaths? I've got to be running out of rounds before I have to start making saves.

If the smoke has cleared enough we can breathe, then Cyl can back me up and we can start whittling them down.

If you've not been making saves you should have been, since you've been inhaling smoke so you can speak, since spellcasting requires speech.

The smouldering material, now given access to the outside air, which it didn't have before, is producing more and more smoke in an exponential fashion.

Posted (edited)

@Alterangel

Theo's elemental is not useful in this situation. A literal reading of its blindsight only registers living beings and since nothing living is below the max weight is detectable in the smoke to be hurled at the ghouls, nothing can be hurled. Except through Torren and Drew.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Starhawk said:

@Eborne1

• Those blocks are the mud that Edwin plastered over everything.
  • Yeah, there is smoke in the room, it will now accumulate as the house vents smoke through there.
  • Yes.

You said there's smoke but that we can see. Is it that there's a brief window where the smoke is clear and that's why we can see through, but next round it will fill up? Or was the "Yes" meant to be "No"?

Just don't want to fire arrows off if there's no targets.

Not to worry.. I have a fan fault that will melt my computer if I leave it on for more than 30 minutes. Apparently its fixable if I go into BIOS. However, the process is all but indecipherable unless I have a second screen open at the same time. So I need two screens to find out the solution. Then when I have it I have to execute it really quickly. It's an HP laptop.. I never had a moments problem with a Toshiba.

Well.. I watched a video that was all but undecipherable. It took me through steps that bore no relation to reality. Shift+f10 did absolutely nothing for example. I then had to open more pages to find alternative steps that actually worked. Those pages had missing steps too and so I had to open more pages to find out how to fill the gaps. When I got through that I managed to get into the BIOS, the black pages from the 1970's. I found the section that was disabled, enabled it and saved the new settings. This made absolute damn all difference. It still didn't work. The fans not working. So, on the offchance that it was a blocked vent problem, I searched my neighborhood for half an hour until I found a can of compressed air. This too did not work.. but my 7 year old got a kick out of blasting everyone. So, have to wait until Thursday so my wife, who doesn't work on Thursdays, while the local repair shops are open.. the HP service centre is on the dark side of the moon, can take it to the local guy. So, with a bit of luck, I'll have my crappy HP laptop (buy Toshiba.. never had a moment's problem with Toshibas) back on Thursday evening.

Can we have a dozen survivors plus a few of those with heroic classes stand guard around the manor while we take rest? We could also tell to some other survivors to finish exploring the village since we have eliminated/contained the threats

Wouldn't the Gourd Leshy Raziel summoned have two more ranged or slam attacks against the Ghouls inside the manor's main room?

It had existed 1 round out of the 3 rounds specified by the spell.

I was also curious about the requirements to level up?

I don't recall not being an integral part of each and every combat and most NPC interactions, including massive channeling destruction of undead on the beach, attacking with weapons and spells in every combat situation, slinging spells to assist others and put out fires and translate the Ghoul's speech, curing the mass of survivors on the beach with a channeling of healing energy, stepping directly into the fray of battle to keep others alive with spells and using cure light wounds wand when folks on the brink of death during combat, etc.

I am definitely not complaining, I just would like to have a basic understanding of how it works so I can meet those goals.

Edited by Terran (see edit history)