Storm Kings Thunder, Chapter 1 (IC)

RikTikTavi.jpg.b7c940462fd4d752461f9e7fb4366a19.jpg Mar'che'chok

Nezumi, Scout (2) || Psychic Warrior (2)

AC: 16 (chain shirt + dex) | HP: 22/22 (1d8) | Speed: 40 ft.

Touch AC: 12 | Flat Footed AC: 14
Senses: Low-light vision, Spot: +7, Listen: +7, Search: +5
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 08 (-1)
Languages: Common, Nezumi

My words, | My thoughts, | My actions . . .

Something doe snot seem right about this woman, so Mark stands nearby with his weapon ready. If she turns out to be a threat he will be ready to end her life.

How long ago did attack come?

His main problem is that if gnolls are searching through the town ruins for valuables and survivors, then why did they not come up here since she was advertising her presence with a fire.

OOC

Orcbolg, relieved to have found someone alive after all they have searched, relaxes slightly. "How long have you been hiding here? There were gnolls on the floor below you, I'm surprised they didn't find you before we found them." He looks around and listens for a moment before speaking to Adrianna. "I have a minimal level of medical training, if you want to dress her wounds I might be slightly more helpful than a tray to hold your tools."

Listen

Spot

Name
Listen
1d20+7 18
Spot
1d20+7 13

image.png.415004242352ea233dfb6de600fd9e41.png

Sheet: Adrianna Amore :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Name: Adrianna Amore

Classes: Healer 3//Spirit Shaman 3

Race: Aasimar (Lesser)

Adrianna begins to look over the woman, if she finds any serious wounds she will use her wand to heal them up. Chatting to her patient Adrianna asks "how many gnolls were there in the attack and did you see any giants? Something must have hurled those damned boulders, surely it must have been giants or..... ogre's. Are they related to giants? I am sure that I read that somewhere" she said as she applied a bandage here or cleaned a graze there.

Name
Knowledge Local
1d20+4 7

Gelfin Shadowborn

707d7af93f3e4113b2782c25fbf74dcb.jpeg.jpg.2c112df9667679ce749109eefe137d51.jpg

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2865564][B][SIZE=+1]Gelfin Shadowborn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Chaotic Neutral Fey'ri Rogue/Warlock, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 1, [B]Ref[/B] 7, [B]Will[/B] 4, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 2 [B]Least Crystal Arcane Steel/ Hideous Blow MW Short Sword [/B] 3 (1d6 +1 +2d6, ) [B]Eldritch Spear Eldritch Blast [/B] +5 (2d6, ) [B] Mithril Chainshirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] None [B]Languages[/B] Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Elven, and Draconic Healing Belt: 1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage. 2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage. 3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.
Gelfin Shadowborn
Male Chaotic Neutral Fey'ri Rogue/Warlock, Level 3, Init 3, HP 18/18, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort 1, Ref 7, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Least Crystal Arcane Steel/ Hideous Blow MW Short Sword 3 (1d6 +1 +2d6, )
Eldritch Spear Eldritch Blast +5 (2d6, )
Mithril Chainshirt (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16
Condition None
Languages Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Elven, and Draconic

Healing Belt:
1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage.
2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage.
3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Appraise 3
Balance 3
Bluff 8
Climb 0
Concentration 3
Craft 0
Decipher Script 3
Diplomacy 3
Disable Device 3
Disguise 3
Escape Artist 3
Forgery 3
Gather Information 3
Handle Animal 3
Heal 1
Hide 7
Intimidate 6
Jump 0
Knowledge(Arcane) 5
Knowledge(The Planes) 5
Knowledge(l)  
Knowledge()  
Knowledge  
Listen 6
Move Silently 6
Open Lock 3
Perform 0
Profession(Cook) 5
Ride 7
Search 4
Sense Motive 4
Sleight of Hand 3
Spellcraft 5
Spot 5
Survival 1
Swim 0
Tumble 3
Use Magic Device 5
Use Rope 3

Feats and Abilities

Feats:

Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast)[1st]

Point Blank Shot [3rd]

Warlock abilities: Eldritch Blast 2d6, Least Invocation, Detect Magic

Rogue abilities: Sneak Attack 1d6, Trapfinding

Racial abilities:

Outsider

Darkvision 60ft

Low-light Vision

Immunity to magic sleep effects and spells

+2 will save against enchantments and efftects

+2 Bluff, Hide, Listen, Search, and Spot

Change Shape

Elven Blood

Darkness/Detect Thoughts/Suggestion 1/day

Fire Resistance 10

Spells

Eldricht Blast 2d6

Invocations: Hideous Blow, Eldritch Spear

Equipment 

Gear:

Mithril Chainshirt (1100GP) Dungeon Masters Guide

MW Shortsword (310 GP) Players Handbook

Crystal of Arcane Steel Least (500 GP) Magic Item Compendium Pg 65

Healing Belt (750GP) Magic Item Compendium Pg 110

Backpack (2GP) Players Handbook

Bedroll (1SP) Players Handbook

Blanket, Winter (5SP) Players Handbook

Fishhook (1SP) Players Handbook

Flint & Steel (1GP) Players Handbook

Small Steel Mirror (10GP) Players Handbook

Iron Pot (5SP) Players Handbook

Belt Pouch (1GP) Players Handbook

5x Bread, 5x Cheese, and 5x Meat (3GP) Players Handbook

Silk Rope 50 Ft (10GP) Players Handbook

Soap (5SP) Players Handbook

Tent (10GP) Players Handbook

Waterskin (1GP) Players Handbook

Whetstone (2CP) Players Handbook

Explorer's Outfit (10GP) Players Handbook

Light Warhorse (150GP) Players Handbook

Bit & Bridle (2GP) Players Handbook

Military Saddle (20GP) Players Handbook

Saddlebag (4GP) Players Handbook

Feed x7(3SP5CP) Players Handbook

Spices (Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Cumin, Basil, Rosemary, Onion) (31GP 1 SP, and 5 CP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Wheat Flour (3 GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Olive Oil (5GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Honey (1SP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Funds Left over 4PP, 11GP, 6SP, and 8CP

Gelfin let the others speak to the survivor, he focused more on watching the womans reactions to the questions, was there fear, was there intention and attempts to obscrure responses. He also keeps his ears perked to listen for any sound out of the ordinary. He nods his head at Adrianna's question of giants or Ogre's. Something threw boulders into the village. Gnoll really were not known for using siege engines, but giants could certainly do it. There were also Worgs involved, and while the ones they had dealt with had no Orcs with them but Orcs tended to ride Worgs, so its possible they might be involved as well

"We also ran to Worgs, did you ever see them? Did you see any other creatures with the aggressors? Any idea if more of them still around and if so where they are focused at?."

he keeps his senses focused to root out any danger that might be around.

OOC

Ignore that first spot I accidentally just did add 5 but not a dice roll. Lol

I think he obviously did not suspect anything about the woman one way or another.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)
Name
Sense Motive
1d20+4 2
Spot
+5
Spot
1d20+5 20
Listen
1d20+6 8

A Great Upheaval

9da5c9ee3ff11d9ea1eb58aeaa3a2bea6f9bbf71_2000x2000.webp.16a6a2f9352fa06997228e4433f2de63.webp

Rain continues to pelt the outer surface of the inn

You stand in the hall

Your conversation flows as best it is able, your flurry of questions understandable considering the circumstances. Kella listens to all of you attentively, feeling comfortable enough to lower her hands in favour of a more comfortable stance. Eventually she is able to answer all of your questions to the best of her ability.

"I have been staying here for over a week if I were to include the three days prior to the attack. That means it has been at least four days since the attack and during that time I have had this door barricaded with what few rations I could pilfer from the kitchen down stairs. I haven't made any attempt to leave town except that one time or try my luck at going somewhere safer. The gnolls in the area have been here the whole time, I imagine if anyone survived they have been dragged off by now"

She doesn't allow Adrianna to look at her too closely, instead taking a more withdrawn approach to any attempt at drawing near. If Adrianna attempts to approach her she politely declines with a wave of her hand and shake of her head.

"My head has healed since the initial blow but I appreciate the concern, please don't fret over me. If I had to fight a gnoll I would probably lose the battle, unfortunately I am not very skilled with weapons.. I do have a dagger in the room here but it has only seen the skin of apples, not my enemies. If I had to guess I would say there is a possibility of survivors in the fort across the river but I can't be sure with how limited my movement has been"

"These gnolls haven't been very organized, they seem to come in and out of the building at seemingly random times.. I don't know how many there are but it is likely a few dozen"

Weather & Effects

Weather: Indoors, No penalty.

Time: Night, Darkvision.

Temperature: Chilly

Wind: Light, 2-5 mph

Orcbolg looks down onto his belt pouches at the mention of a few dozen gnolls, opening them and counting the contents. "Even if we take them out a few at a time, I am not sure we have the resources to rout that many enemies. Especially if they have some sort of giants on their side. We are going to have to proceed carefully, I don't like the idea of facing that many monsters in open combat." Keeping his distance as to not provoke or frighten Kella Orcbolg had one last question. "How long has it been raining, and do you know if long bouts of rain is common in these parts?" Speaking back to his companions, Orcbolg continues. "Looks like the fort is the next place to check, though I think the question is if we wait for the rain to subside or make our way there sooner."

Sheet: Adrianna Amore :: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Adrianna looks a little concerned when she is barred from looking closely at the back room, she then asks a question "how would you feel about joining us? We should be able to keep you safe, we will need to rest at some point so this place looks as good as any to crash" she says.

A Great Upheaval

9da5c9ee3ff11d9ea1eb58aeaa3a2bea6f9bbf71_2000x2000.webp.16a6a2f9352fa06997228e4433f2de63.webp

You stand in the hall

"It has been raining for most of the day, though I am no druid I expect it will clear by the morning. You are welcome to rest in my room but unless you have a change of clothing it will do nothing to ail the chill from the storm. There is no place for a fire you see." Placing a free hand on her chin she seems to consider something, tilting her head in the process with eyes closed. "With the gnolls below dispatched we could barricade the front and back doors to give you more space. In addition with the hole in the ceiling you could potentially light a small fire, the smoke might draw in gnolls though.. they have an acute sense smell"

Weather & Effects

Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 08 (-1)

He listens as the others talk, but shakes his head when he hears them talking of giants throwing the boulders.

Big rocks no thrown. They fall straight down.

I then points at Kella.

I no trust. She no let anyone check her. She might be another walking dead. We should make sure before trust her.

He watches her to see how she will react, still ready to chop her head off if she tries anything.

OOC

Adrianna was not sure that this woman was an enemy, Adrianna used her trained power to look to see if any spirits were in the room. If there weren't then she would be that much happier that there was nothing there to attack them, if the rocks were dropped from above then what dropped them, a dragon?

Pondering them for a few moments, Adrianna scanned the whole building just to make sure.

Posted (edited)

A Great Upheaval

Adrianna

You do not sense any spirits in Kella's room or anywhere else in the building.

Mar'che'chok

Go ahead and make me a Sense Motive check either in OOC or here in character.

You stand in the hall

Kella seems to be slightly bewildered by the notion that she is potentially undead. Opening her eyes she looks down at Mar'che'chok and wonders what sort of examination might have brought upon such a conclusion. "I am not undead, though I suppose I haven't had a proper bath in a week.. sorry" removing her hand from her chin she returns to crossing her arms, cheeks turning slightly pink. "I can't say what might have dropped the rocks from the sky, but your suspecting rodent friend is likely correct."

Weather & Effects

Edited by IWantBapo (see edit history)

Mark growls at the lady when she calls him a rodent and you can see his hands tighten on his weapon, but other than that he makes no response to it.

Not sure what you lie about, but you lie! You no want anyone near you, even when healing offered. And you very determined to keep us out of room. What you hiding in there? And you make no mention of loud bell which ring for long time and now no ring. But you say interested in temple. If you so interested why you no go there instead of here? Move aside! We check room and you. Me no want more surprises.

He points his naginata at her as he starts moving toward the room. If she moves aside he will enter. If she stands her ground he will flip the naginata around and use the blunt end to attempt to push her out of the way. He is trying not to inflict any damage, yet.

OOC

Gelfin Shadowborn

707d7af93f3e4113b2782c25fbf74dcb.jpeg.jpg.2c112df9667679ce749109eefe137d51.jpg

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2865564][B][SIZE=+1]Gelfin Shadowborn[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Chaotic Neutral Fey'ri Rogue/Warlock, [B]Level[/B] 3, [B]Init[/B] 3, [B]HP[/B] 18/18, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 17, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]Fort[/B] 1, [B]Ref[/B] 7, [B]Will[/B] 4, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 2 [B]Least Crystal Arcane Steel/ Hideous Blow MW Short Sword [/B] 3 (1d6 +1 +2d6, ) [B]Eldritch Spear Eldritch Blast [/B] +5 (2d6, ) [B] Mithril Chainshirt[/B] (+4 Armor, +3 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16 [B]Condition[/B] None [B]Languages[/B] Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Elven, and Draconic Healing Belt: 1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage. 2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage. 3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.
Gelfin Shadowborn
Male Chaotic Neutral Fey'ri Rogue/Warlock, Level 3, Init 3, HP 18/18, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 13, Flat-footed 14, Fort 1, Ref 7, Will 4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Least Crystal Arcane Steel/ Hideous Blow MW Short Sword 3 (1d6 +1 +2d6, )
Eldritch Spear Eldritch Blast +5 (2d6, )
Mithril Chainshirt (+4 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16
Condition None
Languages Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Elven, and Draconic

Healing Belt:
1 charge: Heals 2d8 points of damage.
2 charges: Heals 3d8 points of damage.
3 charges: Heals 4d8 points of damage.

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Appraise 3
Balance 3
Bluff 8
Climb 0
Concentration 3
Craft 0
Decipher Script 3
Diplomacy 3
Disable Device 3
Disguise 3
Escape Artist 3
Forgery 3
Gather Information 3
Handle Animal 3
Heal 1
Hide 7
Intimidate 6
Jump 0
Knowledge(Arcane) 5
Knowledge(The Planes) 5
Knowledge(l)  
Knowledge()  
Knowledge  
Listen 6
Move Silently 6
Open Lock 3
Perform 0
Profession(Cook) 5
Ride 7
Search 4
Sense Motive 4
Sleight of Hand 3
Spellcraft 5
Spot 5
Survival 1
Swim 0
Tumble 3
Use Magic Device 5
Use Rope 3

Feats and Abilities

Feats:

Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast)[1st]

Point Blank Shot [3rd]

Warlock abilities: Eldritch Blast 2d6, Least Invocation, Detect Magic

Rogue abilities: Sneak Attack 1d6, Trapfinding

Racial abilities:

Outsider

Darkvision 60ft

Low-light Vision

Immunity to magic sleep effects and spells

+2 will save against enchantments and efftects

+2 Bluff, Hide, Listen, Search, and Spot

Change Shape

Elven Blood

Darkness/Detect Thoughts/Suggestion 1/day

Fire Resistance 10

Spells

Eldricht Blast 2d6

Invocations: Hideous Blow, Eldritch Spear

Equipment 

Gear:

Mithril Chainshirt (1100GP) Dungeon Masters Guide

MW Shortsword (310 GP) Players Handbook

Crystal of Arcane Steel Least (500 GP) Magic Item Compendium Pg 65

Healing Belt (750GP) Magic Item Compendium Pg 110

Backpack (2GP) Players Handbook

Bedroll (1SP) Players Handbook

Blanket, Winter (5SP) Players Handbook

Fishhook (1SP) Players Handbook

Flint & Steel (1GP) Players Handbook

Small Steel Mirror (10GP) Players Handbook

Iron Pot (5SP) Players Handbook

Belt Pouch (1GP) Players Handbook

5x Bread, 5x Cheese, and 5x Meat (3GP) Players Handbook

Silk Rope 50 Ft (10GP) Players Handbook

Soap (5SP) Players Handbook

Tent (10GP) Players Handbook

Waterskin (1GP) Players Handbook

Whetstone (2CP) Players Handbook

Explorer's Outfit (10GP) Players Handbook

Light Warhorse (150GP) Players Handbook

Bit & Bridle (2GP) Players Handbook

Military Saddle (20GP) Players Handbook

Saddlebag (4GP) Players Handbook

Feed x7(3SP5CP) Players Handbook

Spices (Pepper, Salt, Garlic, Cumin, Basil, Rosemary, Onion) (31GP 1 SP, and 5 CP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Wheat Flour (3 GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Olive Oil (5GP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Honey (1SP) Arms and Equipment Guide Pg 31

Funds Left over 4PP, 11GP, 6SP, and 8CP

Gelfin listens to everything being said and nods his head at what Mark was saying, she was definitely lying about something. His hands became covered in Eldritch flame as he stepped forward behind Mark.

"I recommend you step aside, as I am not nearly as nice as Mark here is, I can only blame my demon bastard of a father's influence, so do be good lass and come clean, or you burn."

His sudden loud sneeze probably took away from intimidating manner as well as took away from his senses.

OOC

He is ready to unleash his Eldricht Blast if she tries anything.

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)
Name
Intimidate
1d20+6 5
Listen
1d20+6 3
Spot
1d20+5 11

Posted (edited)

A Great Upheaval

You stand in the hall

The conversation shifts from friendly banter to a daring attempt to investigate unabated. Unsure of how best to proceed without giving away her intentions Kella closes her eyes while simultaneously taking a deep breath. There seems to be a pause in her responses to the party; tension beginning to fill the tight corridor. Exhaling after a moment of thought she addresses all of you. "I have no weapon on me, go and look if you must"

Kella's Room

You open the door to Kella's room and the first thing you notice is the pungent smell that comes with living in squalor. The room is dimly lit by a candle sitting to the left of a bed frame located at the centre of the room; the bed appears lived in with sheets tossed. It is a small room with roughly five feet of space on either side of the bed and fifteen feet across. With the bed taking up ten feet of space at the centre there is only enough space for three of you to comfortably fit within the room.

Directly to the left of the bed is a table with a note. It sits directly beside the candle that lights the room and beneath it; a small green snake has coiled for warmth. The room has a slight chill due to the damage to the roof and it is quite obvious that there is a crushed section of the ceiling to your right. Some of the damage appears to have been patched in some way from within the room, likely an attempt by Kella to maintain some heat while she awaited rescue. The damage is consistent with what you have seen from outside and likely travels all the way to the bottom floor where the boulder is embed in the floor.

To the right of the bed is a small chamber pot with a lid tightly sealing its contents. Kella also appears to have a small backpack set along the wall to the right. It is slumped in the corner behind the door tucked slightly out of view.

The room is otherwise quite barren, not unexpected considering the size of the town and likely revenue the tavern might draw in from the locals. There is a single window just above the bed with wooden shudders located on the inside of the room. They appear closed and locked by a single piece of iron tapered around a small knob. You don't think the light from the candle could escape from where you are standing so there is little to worry about in that regard.

Kella chimes in as you enter, briefly stating that the snake is her familiar. She politely asks you not to harm it if possible as it is her only companion on her journey.

Weather & Effects

Edited by IWantBapo (see edit history)

Mark moves closer to the candle and takes a glance at the note next to it. He does not try to grab it and keeps his distance from the snake. As long as it makes no threatening moves towards him he will leave it be as requested. He does not mess with her backpack either, currently seeing no need. Granted if she is here looting the abandoned village then the loot is probably in the backpack, but he has no problem with looting or as he prefers to call it, scavenging. He moves around the room checking for anything out of place as he knows she is hiding something, but he does not trash or toss the place.

OOC

Name
Search check
1d20+5 1