Questions

Blue Jay

Yeah. I wouldn't be able to link anything on the threads here anyways. Aside the BAB I always fine the "Must burn X area to gain access to their spells" to seem more fluff since well, if you're in a cave there's no forest to burn. It's more along the lines of your theme of some Undead summoning and such. It also would mesh nicely with the shapechange. Depending on it, you could swap druid out for something else and enter at level 5 instead but just something to consider.

6 hours ago, Dnd4life said:

Yeah. I wouldn't be able to link anything on the threads here anyways. Aside the BAB I always fine the "Must burn X area to gain access to their spells" to seem more fluff since well, if you're in a cave there's no forest to burn. It's more along the lines of your theme of some Undead summoning and such. It also would mesh nicely with the shapechange. Depending on it, you could swap druid out for something else and enter at level 5 instead but just something to consider.

I went with Wizard as the second class originally but ran into a serious lack of skill point numbers, for comparison Human Cleric||Druid has 42 skill points. Cleric||Wizard had 26 if I remember correctly. I am considering Bard as the second class, they have Dirgesinger Prestige class and I could transition to it at lvl 4 but it's not particularly good. I'm thinking also about leaving only Cleric side for necromancy and take the second side to bolster my skills and martial capabilities, since I'm still too low level to rely on the necromancy alone. Maybe rogue, or assassin.

Some varied options

14 Int
44 Cleric//{Rogue/Scout}
49 Cleric//Wizard
56 Cleric//Human Paragon
63 Cleric//Human Paragon
70 Cleric//Human Paragon
79 Cleric//Unseen Seer
(Use the Human Paragon Ability Boost to pay the PB cost to your Wis)

14 Int
36 Cloistered Cleric//Druid
45 Cloistered Cleric//Druid
54 Cloistered Cleric//Druid
63 Cloistered Cleric//Druid
72 Cloistered Cleric//Druid
81 Cloistered Cleric//Druid
(63 with 10 Int)

Cleric//Beguiler/Sand Shaper (Desert Ally -> Undead)

5 hours ago, Grudge said:

for comparison Human Cleric||Druid has 42 skill points. Cleric||Wizard had 26 if I remember correctly.

Keep in mind that the Wizard will have a 16 INT or better while the cleric/druid is likely to have a 10 INT.

19 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Keep in mind that the Wizard will have a 16 INT or better while the cleric/druid is likely to have a 10 INT.

Since it was Mix of both it was 16||14 Wis||Int (I left Wis higher since I had more need of its mod) so 2+2= 4 than 4x4= 16 then +8 for lvl 3 24 and if I play Human +6 for a maximum of 30. While druid starts with 4+?On that, both Cleric and Wizard are inferior when it comes to skills.

Seeking some knowledge from the minds of the group..

Trying to find a weapon for my character since... I may actually be using one though a few stipulations to it which is currently proving more difficult for me.. Or maybe because I'm trying to find something a little more different from the run of the mill.

1) It can be one handed (I'd wield it in two hands for power attack)
1a) It can be two handed, but I'm a little fuzzy on being back to cast if I only hold it in one hand and aren't currently attacking with it.

2) If I could use weapon finesse that would be nice. I've recently discovered Feycrafted items which seems interesting.

3) It needs to do bludgeoning damage. It can have other times as well, but that's the ideal.

4) Damage dice isn't largely important.. It's going to be a small character.

5) Something that looks a little crazy or insane would get bonus points.

6) Would ideally be a Martial Weapon (War Domain).
6a) I think I'd have at most is two feats dedicated to it.. Mind you I could remove finesse and go more STR but seeing where I can go for now.

So far, I've come across Executioner's Mace (Dungeon 113) 2d6 damage as bludgeoning and piercing or slashing damage with a x3 critical. 75gp, 12lb (Medium size)
Meteor Hammer (Dragon 319) 1d4 B damage, 15 foot reach, BUT is exotic so is out :(
Most of the big hammers I've seen people liking at either misprint text for abuse or still exotic.. Any suggestions?

Chain from Oriental Adventures? I always thought that could be cool.

the light mace can be finessed.
in general, power attack and weapon finesse don’t go together. There are only a handful of exceptions.
Quarterstaff, surprise, might do what you want.

It seems like it'd fit really well! Though it looks like it's an exotic weapon as well though sadly. Seems so far most cool weapons are falling under exotic.

38 minutes ago, Dnd4life said:

1a) It can be two handed, but I'm a little fuzzy on being back to cast if I only hold it in one hand and aren't currently attacking with it.

Freeing a hand from a two handed weapon to do something with that hand is a free action, and so is grabbing the weapon with both hands. You could absolutely standard action attack, free action remove hand, swift action cast a spell, and then free action grab the weapon again to threaten your reach before you end your turn.

With the house rule of "Once a class skill, always a class skill" taking a level of Factotum (or another instance of 'all skills being class skills') surpasses the function of the Able Learner. Does such a level help to qualify for the Chameleon on that point or is the feat still required?

On 6/1/2024 at 8:30 PM, Rudolf said:

Still required, but there was an idea on the mod thread on making Able Learner better. Lemme look.

Oooo, that would be great. I have a character with Able Learner as well.

Alright, I'm looking to crowdsource some suggestions for a character rebuild.

My very first character in this game, Jarren Grayson, was created 8 years, 9 months, and 1 day ago. He originally started off as a Rogue / Urban Ranger character, with the intent of him being an Assassin's Creed type freerunning / infiltration / assassination expert. For the most part, I've been happy with how he was made and how he plays, despite how much of a newb I was back then.

During the course of his adventures, he went on to become the bearer of the remnant of a dead night goddess. This has so far been represented in him acquiring the Dark template, as well as the spellcasting he's able to perform. But I'm wondering if there's a better, more thematic way of building his mechanics, to better encapsulate him wielding that remnant to master the art of shadowcraft.

Here is the link to his current character thread. While I'm happy with how he plays at the moment, this is more just a thought experiment to see what other options are out there.

He’s ok. I don’t see anything dire in need of fixing, but some smaller tweaks are possible.

The left side of the build is the stronger one. Lots of sneak attack, and a heap of skill points. The right side mostly contributes better BAB, a fort save worth a damn, and a few more hp. That’s where improvement can be made. You have a lot of low-level abilities on that side, and few higher level ones.

Thoughts:

1] Get to Swashbuckler 3, you are too smart not to have insightful strike.
2) You need the Daring Outlaw feat.

3) Allegiance to Darkness could come from Dark template, Shadowdancer, the Shadow Hand discipline, or Telflammar Shadowlord.
4) AC and saves are honestly a touch low for your level. On the rare occassion when hiding fails, it’ll hurt.

5) Warblade just is superior to fighter, especially with a high INT.