The Doom of Glenn Hollow - OOC

Looks like the party is escaping while they still can! I'll put up a post today to move us along, then. Feel free to get in any parting shots to her as you'd like. And who knows? Maybe you'll see her again soon enough.

Niko is currently most concerned about if they get into a fight before he can fix or replace it completely so if Daitan can do just connecting 3 links as buttons one on top one on bottom and one in the middle, with helm on it should work fine. Groget when made out of chain and not plate is one of the weak points in the plate armor, and while made as strong as possible it also protects one of the most vulnerable parts of the body, the entire neck. Even an accidental hit as it happened is bad, but now when it is cut if he got into grappling again opponent would notice it immediately. So Daitan doing his best to mask it rather than fully fix it, for now, might be the best. If GM allows instead of fixing 3 places so it holds. Another equally valid option that would be also a good trick and better economically, would be to use just one casting and rather than fixing weave one wire through the links of the mail with Niko's guidance. So it would appear whole and if he got in the grapple unless violently tugged on it trick would hold. It would take one casting and then Niko would fix it by Smith or buy another, they are one of the least expensive parts, like chain gloves. Full mending would take too many resources from just one caster, I hoped there were at least two, in that case with 2 each it might be almost fully fixed with only a nick showing which he could hide under the helmet.

1 hour ago, rogueblade0729 said:

I don't think I understand. What are you trying to fix? Your armor doesn't get damaged in battle unless explicitly stated to have taken damage, which goes into its own subsystem.

RP not really, I'm not sure they sell gorgets but it was the most plausible way how the sword so grievously wounded a person in a Full Plate armor. Niko was without a Helmet and under her she was able to cut through his forget and deeply cut into his neck, plus her prodigious strength rattled his bones, there is likely dent in armor too. So it is more RP than anything else.

Hey folks, just as a quick reminder, here is the link to the relevant post on what your current quest is: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/9502-the-doom-of-glenn-hollow-ic/&do=findComment&comment=119543

If Zeff or Dolly aren't able to recall it for one reason or another, we can just say that Riksha will relay it to the newcomers.

Zeff is average INT, but has very few skill points. Most of his education was wrapped up in fighting techniques and prayer. So, while -I- remember things pretty well, he’s not the sharpest.

Does Wisdom and Survival count? Lol

On 4/19/2024 at 11:35 AM, rogueblade0729 said:

Hey folks, just as a quick reminder, here is the link to the relevant post on what your current quest is: https://www.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/9502-the-doom-of-glenn-hollow-ic/&do=findComment&comment=119543

If Zeff or Dolly aren't able to recall it for one reason or another, we can just say that Riksha will relay it to the newcomers.

On 4/16/2024 at 8:17 AM, rogueblade0729 said:

I don't think I understand. What are you trying to fix? Your armor doesn't get damaged in battle unless explicitly stated to have taken damage, which goes into its own subsystem.

If he just meant RP, do I need to cast the Mending spell functionally, or just RP that Daitan is doing something magical and the armor is right as rain?