The Doom of Glenn Hollow - OOC

Outside, I think. Zeff would like to borrow a cart. He’ll put his hammer in the cart and gather three more throwing rocks. If the villagers will lend him a sheet, he’ll make a crude poncho to hide the fact he’s armored.

He’ll pull the cart himself. Maybe they’ll think that’s all he does.

No, I think that's not a bad plan considering IC wise we don't have much else to work on. Terms of splitting up and such. Hopefully this will go better starting off not in captivity.

Alright my friends, the weekend is here. No word from anyone else, so we'll be setting up an ambush just outside of the village.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:16 PM, Rudolf said:

Outside, I think. Zeff would like to borrow a cart. He’ll put his hammer in the cart and gather three more throwing rocks. If the villagers will lend him a sheet, he’ll make a crude poncho to hide the fact he’s armored.

He’ll pull the cart himself. Maybe they’ll think that’s all he does.

At the word of Osgar, Zeff will receive a cart, throwing rocks, and rough cotton sheet.

Ok, depending on the answer we might outnumber or be equal to the force that comes. If that is the case I say give Zeff what he wants. Divide our forces (which will be easier for us with a flier among us that can help on either coast) in half and then crash the bridge leaving them 50/50, same as us. But I think if this is routine we might outnumber them at least on one coast. Then Dolly can support both sides since that river for her is a flap of the wings. Or if she wants to go nuclear go high and aim at both coasts. Naturally, it depends on our host's answer, but currently, fully healed, we should be a match for the "routine roundup" they send. Hard stuff will come after that and neither Niko nor I have any idea about that.

Daitan has a small but growing suite of battlefield control spells that can impede, so if there are certain chokepoints or funnels you will like to add in, I think he can make some small tactics work in the group's favor.

Alright, so here's a rough estimate of what I understand your guys' plan is. If there's anything missing, or if you'd like to be in a different starting location, let me know! Also, remember that you've had an opportunity to rest for one night, so I've tried to account for that in your healing (+1 hp per ECL). These numbers may be slightly off, so let me know if I need to fix anything. You will have 2-3 more days of rest as well, if you spellcasters and healers want to take that into account.

The only one who needs healing right now is Daitan, who currently sits at 20/36 HP.

Capture.PNG.d098e7ca6826dca73d6d2fdf13ad51b2.PNG

Just now, Rudolf said:

How deep is that river? And what’s the distance between the bridge and the river? Is it just barely above, or WAY above?

The "river" is really more of a creek / stream. It's about thigh deep on an average adult human, but the edges slope up to dry ground and can be easily ascended. The bridge rises to about 5' above the top of the river.

Crossing the river is difficult terrain, and requires a DC 12 Reflex saving throw to avoid slipping on the stones at the bottom and getting swept off their feet, falling prone and moving 5' downriver (southwest) per failed save.

Hope that answers your question!