The Tomb

hoverfrog

Well the intimidation does nothing against Krott (-2 on charisma and untrained in the skill will do that) and Cyntheria got a critical success on her save so no damage at all to anyone. The Tombstone Trolls don't know what you are (they didn't attempt a Recall Knowledge check on you nd would probably fail it anyway) so didn't know you would be immune to Grave Breath. You failed all your Recall Knowledge checks so you didn't know

I decided on Mr Mud taking the delay action, which just moves him down the initiative order. If you want Cyntheria and him to move then say something in character and he'll do it (within reason). I think that you're trying to get into the tower though so maybe he'll just stride three times.

EDIT: Map added and I've put the grid locations on the map for the troblins.

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

So, who hasn't gone yet? Loreli can grant a free half stride to up to 4 people within 30' of her (including herself) for better immediate positioning. Technically I believe they would get that half stride when she triggers it on her action, even if they've already taken their normal actions.

I could target all 4 of us that remain outside. Would that allow us to all get into the tower in this single turn? It would still allow Loreli to take two full strides even with the Four Winds impulse since she get's a half stride from the impulse and a half stride from it being a 2 action impulse which triggers her air impulse junction along with her one remaining action. I don't know if there's actually room to get into the tower though, with the one enemy having moved in the entryway.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

Since I cast color spray to stall the trobblins, my ass is kinda hanging out in the wind by the door. If we can all get inside and slam the door in trobblin faces that would make my day. It would also make out turn very Ender's Game.. the enemy gate is down.

FWIW, I wasn't trying to ignore Sal there up front, but as Razvan was closest to the door and had initiative, I thought it best to get him inside so that the guard could not easily lock us out (and to give him something to worry about than running off to sound an alarm).

3 minutes ago, Vedast said:

FWIW, I wasn't trying to ignore Sal there up front, but as Razvan was closest to the door and had initiative, I thought it best to get him inside so that the guard could not easily lock us out (and to give him something to worry about than running off to sound an alarm).

That's entirely consistent with the plan of holding off the trobblins so we can get inside and slam the doors in their faces. :)

On 10/2/2023 at 11:16 PM, Ryfte said:

So, who hasn't gone yet? Loreli can grant a free half stride to up to 4 people within 30' of her (including herself) for better immediate positioning. Technically I believe they would get that half stride when she triggers it on her action, even if they've already taken their normal actions.

I could target all 4 of us that remain outside. Would that allow us to all get into the tower in this single turn? It would still allow Loreli to take two full strides even with the Four Winds impulse since she get's a half stride from the impulse and a half stride from it being a 2 action impulse which triggers her air impulse junction along with her one remaining action. I don't know if there's actually room to get into the tower though, with the one enemy having moved in the entryway.

Loreli is the only one remaining to Act this round (if I am not mistaken -- later add: I'm not sure what is happening with Mud/Cyntheria).

If I read the Four Winds Impulse correctly, it would seem that up to four characters would essentially be moved (or granted a quasi-Action) that allows a Stride for half distance. Characters with 25' feet (5 squares) would (presumably) be rounded down to 2 squares for a half-Stride; if 30' movement (6 squares), then 3 squares.

Point being that I don't believe this would allow anyone else to reach the door in this current turn, though, of course, they would be closer to it than they are now. If I read the map correctly, Loreli could reach just outside the door with 1 full Stride Action with her speed of 25'.

Not trying to suggest your course or choice of Action, just addressing the two questions you posed - at least as I understand the situation.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)