The Tomb

hoverfrog

@hoverfrog  I cannot be certain what the various floor markings on the map mean: I see the stairs, and maybe an area with some sacks; maybe some hay? In any case, it would help to know which squares are accessible (or perhaps which are not) in terms of planning out our movements or Actions for round #2. Thanks.

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

On 10/5/2023 at 3:53 AM, Vedast said:

@hoverfrog  I cannot be certain what the various floor markings on the map mean: I see the stairs, and maybe an area with some sacks; maybe some hay? In any case, it would help to know which squares are accessible (or perhaps which are not) in terms of planning out our movements or Actions for round #2. Thanks.

A fair point. There's very little on the ground floor.

Specifically areas D7:E8, G4, and H4-H6 are difficult terrain. The stairs going up are at G4 and H4. It looks like roots are growing through the walls along column D but they won't get in your way.

1 hour ago, hoverfrog said:

A fair point. There's very little on the ground floor.

Specifically areas D7:E8, G4, and H4-H6 are difficult terrain. The stairs going up are at G4 and H4. It looks like roots are growing through the walls along column D but they won't get in your way.

Thanks.

How about we moveSW 5
SW 15
W 20
NW 25
Mud/Cyntheria to H12 (that's 25')? This will flank the Tombstone Troll (via Sal's position) and avoid any AoO from the Troll. Cyntheria could take two melee attacks (with a flanking bonus) & Mud could cast Telekinetic Projectile (I assume that they kept some rocks or sling bullets or some ammunition handy given that they took the spell). They could target that Troll or, if it falls, target one of the others?

I can't seem to find any inventory for M&C ... if they have some oil or a torch.

In any case, it would be a start to get this one troll down. I'm sure there is something more Summoner-slick that could be done, but at least this moves us along?

5 hours ago, Starhawk said:

If we are waiting on me, just let me know. :)

I was hoping to get your and VennDygrem's concurrence with moving M&C (and Actions) as outlined so we can, at least, complete this turn.

Longer term, I made my case earlier. I think some decisions need to be made or this game will die of ennui.

18 hours ago, Vedast said:

Thanks.

How about we moveSW 5
SW 15
W 20
NW 25
Mud/Cyntheria to H12 (that's 25')? This will flank the Tombstone Troll (via Sal's position) and avoid any AoO from the Troll. Cyntheria could take two melee attacks (with a flanking bonus) & Mud could cast Telekinetic Projectile (I assume that they kept some rocks or sling bullets or some ammunition handy given that they took the spell). They could target that Troll or, if it falls, target one of the others?

I can't seem to find any inventory for M&C ... if they have some oil or a torch.

In any case, it would be a start to get this one troll down. I'm sure there is something more Summoner-slick that could be done, but at least this moves us along?

I concur with this. Waiting to see what happens before moving onto my next action.

7 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I concur with this. Waiting to see what happens before moving onto my next action.

All right, I'll submit a post with rolls. We can always just soft delete it should a different course be determined upon.

PS I just assumed that the Eidolon acted independently at first ... after a brief look at a Summoner, that doesn't seem to be the case so I made a few contingent comments/actions. Likely still not entirely 'correct.' Probably why I shouldn't be "running" Mud & Cyntheria. In any case, I think the primary goal would be getting Cyntheria into melee vs. that Tombstone Troll to free the group to approach the Tower door, so that is how I left it.

PPS I also missed on the fact that an Eidolon and the Summoner share a MAP ... so Mud trying to use TP after Cyntheria attacked twice would be at -10. So ... meh, I guess just go with Protect Companion.

1 hour ago, hoverfrog said:

That's a very thorough post. ;)

If you mean my IG post, 'thoroughly messed up' might be a better description. Apparently, there is a lot more to a Summoner than I knew about.

Glad I didn't delay things... I've been on a trip with a dead laptop, lol. Jumping in now!

Edit: I mean, I got the work done that I needed but not the important stuff... posting on MW! :D

Edit 2: And yeah, the extra half moves really aren't enough to help quite enough I think, not this time at least.

Edit 3: Okay, Aerial Boomerang, like a ton of the Kineticist stuff, is not entirely well edited, lol. It appears it goes out to 60' period. You don't actually get to send it out to a specific point up to 60'. At least RAW you don't. Is it viable to allow an edit that grants that? i.e. "Target any square up to 60' from the kineticist." Its certainly not the end of the world if that isn't added but its going to be slamming into a lot of walls if that's the case, heh. ;)

Also, I forgot to add this, the Ref DC of 18 is a basic save so no damage on a crit success, half on a success, full on a fail, and double on a crit fail, as usual.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Ryfte said:

Aerial Boomerang, like a ton of the Kineticist stuff, is not entirely well edited, lol. It appears it goes out to 60' period. You don't actually get to send it out to a specific point up to 60'. At least RAW you don't. Is it viable to allow an edit that grants that? i.e. "Target any square up to 60' from the kineticist." Its certainly not the end of the world if that isn't added but its going to be slamming into a lot of walls if that's the case, heh. ;)

It seems weirdly worded. I see a few options:

1. The Aerial Boomerang flies out 60 feet or until it reaches a wall, at which point it stops.
  2. The Aerial Boomerang flies out 60 feet but dissipates when it strikes a solid wall.
  3. The Aerial Boomerang flies out up to 60 feet at the Kineticist's discretion.

You'll be able to do some weird things at higher level like flying and using Aerial Boomerang down at an enemy.

The key points in the description of the feat are that the effect is a straight line, it takes an action to perform and an action to return. Its pretty low damage and a good way of getting enemies to use an action to move which makes combat more fun.

Option 3 gives you more choices. We'll use that until the feat gets some errata.

@Ryfte Aerial Boomerang is going to go right through Krot and Sal as well as the trolls. I'm pretty sure that's not your intent. Cyntheria moves after you so she'll be OK.

You could move to F11 and hit the two surviving trolls, not knowing that Cyntheria kills the other one after you and nobody else but lose the action to Elemental Blast. With one troll falling you don't need to target all three. Let me know what you want to do.

EDIT: That's probably not clear as the map wasn't updated to show Sal's movement last round

EDIT 2: Sal is at F10

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)