Questions

Blue Jay

Having been here at the tavern for quite a while, I've seen many-a-things. I've even seen and asked about the level boost myself. I sat and took quite some time to think about this topic. That said and out of the way, I firmly understand their positions on this topic and respect it. Seeing mid to high level characters are amazing. However, with the way the tavern is set up, it gives us plenty of opportunities to grow. We either just need to take them or make them. I have found what is more fun than seeing the high level characters is the narrative that got them there. You don't have to worry about some elaborate backstory to make for them on how they got there. You are making it now!

Honestly, if there isn't enough missions to level, then maybe we need more DMs! More DMs, means more missions. More missions means more players. More players means more fun for all! Now, pardon me while I make my way through the holidays and learn how to DM. I should hopefully have something up within the week, kid willing....

I am trying to get a couple of living en world players here. That was a 3.5 ed living world much like here. Real life is infringing on all 3 of us, of course. Adulting is hard and time consuming. They also died games.

Please note the word "was" as that world was abandoned with the arrival of a later edition.

Edited by Tetsubo_2017 (see edit history)

To any Moderator:

The game Saving the Mayor's Niece seems to have died. If so, I would like for that game to be closed out so my character my be available for another.

Do we get xp? If so how much? when can I add my character to the "Looking for Group" thread?

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, Tetsubo_2017 said:

If possible, could I see the mission specifics and try to take over?

I'm afraid the only thing we can provide is the game thread in "Active Missions - IC Threads". There's also the recruiting thread, which is now Archived. If you want more information than that, you'll have to contact @Koradin_Soulforge, who is the mission DM.

Otherwise, you are welcome to take it over and invent your own direction. We appreciate your willingness to help. If you want to DM, you could also start a new mission, if you'd prefer that. It would probably be roughly the same amount of effort, either way.

3 minutes ago, DashtheMad said:

And I’m taking it 25 pts is the standard? I couldn’t find a number anywhere.

Rules of the RFT > The Basics > Basic Character Building Guidelines.

We use a 32 point buy for stats.

@Blue Jay I only kind of thought about this now since I saw mention that the old tavern is closing down.. Would people from back then be able to port over their characters? I didn't realize I still had.. 4 characters technically from back then. Mind you.. I'd really only want to port over two of them.

One of the four characters uses a homebrew class that was once accepted way back in the hayday (Feb 2017)
Another was a Grayelf Spellwarped Vampirebloodline VoP creature that... I can't even remember where they were going. (Jan 2017)

The two I'd like to port had seen a few missions each..
A level seven Pixie/Noble Pixie / Dread Necro with a split personality disorder. Went by the lovely name of Sarah Crowfeather (Feb 2017) Sarah Crowfeather

Note: The above uses oslecamo Pixie + Pixie Noble So unsure if those would still carry over.

A level eight Catfolk - Healer / Cleric who always believed in the good of everyone and often put herself in dangerous situations by the name of Has'Lift (May 2017) HasLift

Just something that I suddenly thought about with talk of the old threads. If not, no biggie, perhaps I can look at recreating them over here and starting again. I've added the OG links at the end of each description.

Edit: I took a quick look.. and yeah, the Pixie class gives a LOT of daily spells for free. Wow. Not to mention I don't think I was overly crazy with optimizing the character.. Was still a green horn back then. Either way, I'm also not too sure if anyone from the OG remembers either of them.

Edited by Dnd4life (see edit history)

By default approved characters from OFRFT are welcome to port across; but we might review the content that they use for re-approval for general use. There are some crazy shenanigans from the early months/years of the RFT before the current crop of GMs took the reigns that we would rather not see repeated (even if they have produced some of the more memorable, long-term heroes).