Phoera Hunt OOC

19 hours ago, rogueblade0729 said:

What kind of roll would it be for Kildrak to jump off the back of the cart and attempt a diving tackle against Dshalvur? I doubt it'll be very effective, but it looks cool in my mind, so I want to at least run it by you @Blue Jay first for your ruling.

Yeah, I think a Bull Rush attempt makes the most sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Based on what you can see right now, the web does not seem to be made of a special fireproof material, so you can guess that it probably won't last as long as a normal web spell. On the other hand, it also hasn't caught fire yet, so it will probably last at least a round or two before burning up.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I’m confused by the wording of the web spell. If Kildrak rolls a 25 on his Strength check, how far does he go? The plan is to move straight for Dshalvur, so however close he can get, he'll do. I’m assuming he’s also unable to charge him at this time?

If I'm reading things correctly, and I should have done that before I tried to post because nothing I posted first is correct, 15' and I think it's a full round action.

The big battle has finally reached its conclusion! Phew, that was really something! Nice battle, guys!

Chase Scene / Thru the Portal Encounter

Dshalvur is a spellstitched cinderspawn with some minor modifications (CR 7).

The Firenewt riders are firenewts with an added level of Ranger and a damage boost to their natural breath weapon (CR 3).

Their mounts were giant striders with a damage boost to their breath weapons (CR 2).

The fire grues were straight from Complete Arcane (CR 2).

In combined, that counts as an EL 10 encounter, without even accounting for the phoera "hazard"!

XP Rewards:

1800 XP (Gothika)

2000 XP (Gregory, HooGrawr and Kildrak)

2160 XP (Ez)

All that remains now is some final roleplay interactions to get your employer back on her feet and get the phoelarch hero resurrected by the fire weird.