Jump to content

Part I: Punching the Clock


Maester1216

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

In the grand melee that unfolds between Duncan, Davir and the Junkbot, the enemy manages to sidestep the wild slashes from Davir's solarian blade before delivering a strike to Duncan's rib. A momentary lapse in attention however allows Duncan to take the construct out at the legs and, even as the bot is falling to the ground, bring his hammer down onto its upper chest with a resounding crunch. The hoses connected snap under the strain as fuel leaks out onto the street, some pooling in the crater left in its chest. Shock is etched on the junkbot's face, which soon freezes as functionality soon ceases.

The Goblins see that this smash and grab is turning into more trouble than its worth, but the thought of another night of synth-grule keeps them in the fight. Akari's sudden reversal forces one of the Goblins off the rig just as he was cutting the fastening, but the other one proves more deft; one quick strike from its dogslicer and he has a crate in hand, which he then slides behind the seat of his cycle.

A few shots from Jin and Whiskey punish the initial thief for his stick fingers, and as Raenala closes the distance between them he furiously unholsters his pistol and pops off a round at the Drow. Unfortunately this succeeds in only grazing her mid-riff, but nevertheless a toothy, elative grin spread across the creature's face.

OOC

Space Goblin #3: 21

Akari: 20

Junkbot: 18

Raenala: 12

Space Goblin #1: 12

Space Goblin #2: 12

Duncan: 10

Davir: 7

Jin: 4


- Okay, so Akari's success means that Space Goblin #2 fails to get his grubby mits on a crate.

- Raenala is now adjacent to Space Goblin #2.

- Both of Duncan's attacks hit, decisively killing the Junkbot! And Davir is there to!

- Jin and Whiskey's attacks hit as well, but Goblin #2 is still standing.


- Space Goblin #3 is going to take a Full Action to get his hands on a crate of Yaro Berries. Unfortunately his position in the turn order means he manages to.

- The Junkbot does still get an attack in, so let's try on Duncan. That's 6 Bashing Damage against Duncan.

- Space Goblin #2 is gonna take a Move Action to draw his Pistol, then make a Standard Attack against Raenala! He hits, but only deals 1 Piercing Damage.


Back to y'all!

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)
Name
Space Goblin #2 Attack
19
1d20+3 16
Damage
1
1d6 1
Junkbot Smash
27
1d20+9 18
Damage
6
1d6+5 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 spacer.png Jin & Whiskey

HP: 10/10 | 10/10
Stamina: 9/9
Resolve: 4/4
EAC/KAC: 14/15 | 14/14

Jin Saves | Whiskey Saves
spacer.png


"Another fucking goblin..." Jin grumbles as he turns his attention to the new target. (Goblin 3)

Name
Jin; fire damage
11; 1
1d20+4;1d4 [7]; [7,1]
Whiskey; piercing damage
6; 5
1d20+4;1d6 [2]; [2,5]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster


"Y'right there Duncan? Better than the bot! Ha!", Davir replies, seeing the bot brought down by the young man's hammerswings. He feels like there's no time to rest, however, as he tilts his head towards the goblin with the haul. "Ey! Unclamp that haul this instant!", he roars as he stampedes forward, arcing sword above his head.

 


Stats

Borai - Solarian 1

HP: 13/13 | SP: 6/11 | EAC: 14 | KAC: 14 | FORT: +6 | REF: +3 | WILL: +2 | INITIATIVE: +3

PRIMARY WEAPON
Solar Weapon - 1d6+4+1+3 Slashing

Azimuth Lazer Pistol - 1d4F, off hand.

Actions

Charge, I believe, unless I have to move and attack? From my reading of the last posts the #3 goblin would be about 25ft away.

Damage should be +9, not +10, sorry!

 

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)
Name
Slice a Goblin? Failing that, the goblin's truck.
19
1d20+5 14
Damage, Slashing
11
1d6+5+4+1 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24


While reading the engrossing Quanta magazine article on his datapad, Darwyn suddenly gets a premonition of foreboding... a feeling of something deeply horrible and disastrous happening somewhere, someplace. He turns to activate his personal comm unit to check up on his errant crew-mates... then sets it down with some quiet finality.

Calm down. Calm down, Darwyn. Those frakkin feks are probably just taking the long way back to the ship. Probably past a few bars....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Jin's blaster bolt takes the Goblin in the back, but as he's turning to fire upon the Brenneri a long shadow is cast across his face. He looks up and abject horror spreads across his face as Davir looms over his, solar blade poised to come down on him... and soon enough it does, cleaving the Goblin's head from his body in one fell stroke.

Seeing his comrades dead and the weapon they spent months cobbling together a heap on the road, the last remaining Goblin let's out a fearful yelp and falls back into the seat of his junkcycle. Revving up the engines the Goblin guns down the length of the cargo rig and weaves through the wall of stopped cars into a narrow side street.

Almost as soon as it has started the fight is at an end. Though some of the crew are a little singed and battered, not a single crate of Yaro berries was lost - a sign of things to come perhaps? Maybe not as the wail of sirens clash discordantly with Qabarat's other sounds...

OOC

- So yeah, Goblin #3 is definitively dead.

- Seeing that the tide has turn Space Goblin #2's gonna try and make a break for it. With a roll like that he's gonna clear more than enough distance from the crew; you're free to try and run him down, but y'all are on a timetable for the delivery.

- If you're all looking for a quick getaway from the police, our pilot can make a DC 13 Piloting Check to try and escape. Of course you're also free to meet and talk with the police, but an incident like this would require paperwork to be filled which will take time.

- Getting the crate on the late Space Goblin #3's junkcyle's only gonna take six second (A full action round).

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)
Name
Junkcycle Piloting Check: TN 11
20
1d20 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duncan

DuncanHeadshot.png.be46700f7539b79f5a8862e355a5beb8.png

The big man takes the shot to the ribs like a champ, his body twisting in obvious pain but he grunts through and returns the hit twice over. Duncan bends and screams down at the fallen bot, reminiscent of back when he would score a particularly brutal tackle or goal. His head whips up as the next few shots, checking his surroundings but seeing no immediate danger, he holds his ribs and moves back to the hauler.

"Yo, get this thing going, Imma grab that crate then we can blow," he says as he moves and lifts the fallen crate. It is easy to see the pain on his face but he grits through it.

 

 

OOC and Actions

Duncan-------------------------
HP: 11 / 11 EAC: 14 Fort: +5
SP: 2 / 11 KAC: 15 Ref: +4
Res: 3 / 3 Init: +8 Will: +4


===== Reactions =====


===== Actions =====

 

Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things

Ongoing Effects:

Remaining Resources:
 

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 7/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 23/24


 

Raenala had stumbled against the supersonic crack grazed into the side of her armor. She had weathered the blow, but pain did not discriminate. The bruise would be gross to look at tomorrow. She carried that injured side with a frustrated sigh drawn from her lips. She felt that primal fight response to strike back at the goblin even as their big dumb head turned away as they sped off in panic on their bike. Her pistol had even raised with that cold resignation of brooding anger, but in the end, she never squeezed the trigger.

"Good work everyone. Let's get out of here quick! We won't make our bonus if we get booked." Her weapon was holstered now as she walked beside the rig. As she strode towards the cabin and the comfort of her well-worn passenger seat, her hands pulled at the rigging-- Testing the lines for any new weakness introduced by their assailants.

 

 

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

 

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

 

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Creature Companion (Ilskitt) Peeka

Tier II Computer (Self Charging, AI)

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Feats: Great Fortitude

Racial Abilities: Nomad: +2 INT, +2 CHA, -2 WIS; Desert Stride; Four-Armed; Crew Member; +2 Piloting; Natural Grace +2 Athletics/Acrobatics

Operative Class Abilities: Operatives Edge +1; Specialization: Ghost; Trick Attack +1d4

Languages: Common, Kasatha, Vesk, Yoski, Azlanti

 

Akari waits for his team to all get back inside before he takes off again trying to get away and back to their ship without any further issues. "Ok Princess buckle in, this might get a bit bumpy trying to get out of here. We need to get back to the ship before your tummy bruises up something fierce, throw some med gel or something on it."

Name
Piloting DC 13
15
1d20+12 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 7/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 23/24


 

"Akari, you're too short to be talking like that."

 

 

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8syf8g2b.png.edf2e02a628e1f9907968396b5cf1f5a.pngDavir Karst  Cargomaster


Climbing to the side of the rig with a wince, the arcing lights and coronas around Davir slowly dim into nothingness as he spits out a glob of dark blood on the pavement next to the goblin corpse. "Preying on the kind like that, uncouth! My heart's bruised, gobs got ma love for ma fellow souls injured. But ya, if we get stopped by the local secs, don't think Morgan's gonna let us back on board."

He pauses as he slowly shuffles back at the top of the sled, before giving the crew a blooding grin. "Shame there's not much scrap left on the bot, could use another hauler that don't eat, but scanning Duncan swing that hammer like the tallest dwarf in the system's worth it."

 


Stats

Borai - Solarian 1

HP: 13/13 | SP: 6/11 | EAC: 14 | KAC: 14 | FORT: +6 | REF: +3 | WILL: +2 | INITIATIVE: +3

PRIMARY WEAPON
Solar Weapon - 1d6+4+1+3 Slashing

Azimuth Lazer Pistol - 1d4F, off hand.

Actions

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wanting to spare themselves the headache of dealing with Qabarat's legal red tape over a few dead Goblins, the crew decides to make like a Bantrid and get rolling. Lucky for them Akari is able to spy a side street nearby, and with a few quick maneuvers he guides the cargo rig around a few vehicles and down the street before the police arrive.

After a few minutes the crew has reached the spaceport and - thanks to Akari's casual driving and some sweet talking of the warder at the gate - return to BD514 without incident. The ship picks up their arrival, notifying "Morgan" in turn.

Some of the crew has certainly earn their keep today, but there's still work to be done. Now comes another bout of cargo transfer....

OOC

- To get this out of the way first, the cargo hold isn't large enough to accommodate the entire extended trailer, so driving the rig into the hold and parking it there isn't possible.

- This works like the initial loading of the cargo at Prat's; a starting time of 16 hours to move everything, but the two hovercarts'll cut that to 8 hours, and a third worker'll cut that down to 5 hours.

- Once that's done you're free to head out. It's gonna take about 2 hours to reach orbit however.

- I'll need our Piloting to roll a DC 10 Piloting Check to plot a course to Akiton once everything's set.

- Finally, you should discuss whether you're travelling via Standard Navigation or Drift Navigation. It'll be 1D6 days to reach Akiton via the Drift, but 1D6+2 days using conventional thrusters.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)
Name
Time to Reach Orbit
2
1d2 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Akari Monduro

81f7cd52b4cd420be87aace2b425cd9d.jpg.4f74523b4b1206db8b209ea82d15c12a.jpg

Statblock

[b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3)
Akari Monduro KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -)
Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3)

 

Skills

Skill Name Modifier
Acrobatics +13
Athletics +8
Bluff +8
Computers +8
Culture +8
Diplomacy +3
Disguise +3
Engineering +8
Intimidate +8
Life Science +3
Medicine +3
Mysticism +2
Perception +7
Physical Science +3
Piloting +12
Profession +2
Sense Motive +7
Slight of Hand +9
Stealth +12
Survival +7

 

Equipment

GEAR:

Second Skin

Laser Pistol

Longsword

50ft Titanium Cable

Personal Comm Unit

Creature Companion (Ilskitt) Peeka

Tier II Computer (Self Charging, AI)

Industrial Backpack

Hygiene Kit

R2E 1 weeks rations

64 CR

Feats and Abilities

Feats: Great Fortitude

Racial Abilities: Nomad: +2 INT, +2 CHA, -2 WIS; Desert Stride; Four-Armed; Crew Member; +2 Piloting; Natural Grace +2 Athletics/Acrobatics

Operative Class Abilities: Operatives Edge +1; Specialization: Ghost; Trick Attack +1d4

Languages: Common, Kasatha, Vesk, Yoski, Azlanti

 

Akari gets everyone back to the ship safely and leaves the loading of the cargo to others as he makes his way to the bridge with Peeka riding on his shoulder. She hops off his shoulder once they make it there and sits to the side cleaning herself as he begins putting the ship through its preflight checklist. He starts to work through the calculations to figure out the best route to their destination. Realizjng he might be able to use a drift approach thst will allow him to get them there quicker. While he was unsure how many resources the space goblins might have to possibly pursue them through space, but he knew time was of the essence if they wanted to make it safe and even more importantly gain a bonus for getting it there in a timely fashion. Eventually he has all of his calculations plotted and a course set. He speaks to the space port and gains permission to leave with a safe corridor provided to exit the planets air space. With everything ready he sends the crew a communication. "Ok everyone, I have a course set and permission to depart, cargo loaded and are all stations prepared for departure?"

Name
Piloting DC 10
29
1d20+12 17
Days via Drift
2
1d6 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

token_1(1).png.47172e8386c7103696175dce72d501df.pngRaenala Zeizerer - Drow - Envoy 1

HP: 10/10 | SP: 7/8 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 15 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +4

PRIMARY WEAPON: Zeizerer Munitions' Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 23/24


 

Raenala, motived with near-death experiences and a large number of credits, moved in tandem with the crew. She assisted where she could, even going so far as to listen to Davir's instructions on exactly where he wanted the cargo to be laid out in the bay. Of course she had her side hustles to run as well. Her split attention saw her flipping between work and glamorized photo ops of herself or other crewmembers and b-reel recordings for the next round of uploads she'd push onto the Akiton infosphere. The content from her last haul were still making their way around the Pact Worlds as queued uploads reached their appointed hours and scheduled infosphere bulk transfers completed between the planets. She found her mind wandering as the hours droned and her limbs tired. Did anyone on Aposte ever watch these? It wasn't a thought she'd liked lingering on. She shut the question out from her mind with the loud thud of a crate of berries.

When the loading was done, there was little more for Raenala left to do except sit on the bridge and wait for Akari to kick the ship off into space. A shower was calling her name, and maybe some trashy Castrovelian reality TV, Loving Royalty. A show following the eccentric tendencies of a young Formian Queen in search of love from a sea of suitors. It's currently in its third season and she is still, loudly, single.

 

 

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 DarwynPriestlyv1.jpg.c9b7d66d7d308f78ee62fdb3405cb65b.jpg

HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 |

INITIATIVE: +5 | LINK: M-W Character Sheet

PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24


Sitting at his station on the tiny freighter, "Morgan" checks the various sensor systems. "Roger that, Akari. Sensors currently in passive mode. Video cameras -- check. Multispectrum scanners -- working. Radar array -- functioning. Signal interceptors -- affirmative. Optical telescopes -- operational. Active mode ready on command."

Dylan's muscles still ache from assisting the others in loading their yaro berry shipment, but the job got done, which pleased the former smuggler no end. Now all we need is to deliver the shipment and collect the promised payment.

Looking at the bedraggled, ragtag crew around him on the bridge, though, he could see that they had encountered some difficulties, but he refrained from pushing them for information. They had places to go and debts to pay!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

BD514's engines clamour back to life once clearance comes through from Traffic Control, and the ship begins climbing back up towards the stars. The system coming in from the Western Sea has abated somewhat, but there's still enough rain and a strong enough headwind to slow down the ship's ascent by a good two hours. Soon enough though the crew have cleared Castrovel's atmosphere and assume a stationary orbit.

That's when the magic starts. BD514's conventional thrusters shut off as Akari inputs the coordinates towards Akiton; after a minute a light purple portal opens up in front of the ship... and envelops BD514.

The crew finds itself within an empty, endless purple void. A familiar site to all present to be sure.

spacer.png

The Drift. A gift from the goddess Triune to mortal civilizations. A transitive plane that exists conterminously with the Material World, serving as a connective pathway across the length and breadth of the galaxy. It's a sight one rarely get's tired of...

...Oh but who has time for ruminations on the nature of existence and the place of mortals in the plan of gods?! There's berries need delivering! And based on the coordinates Akari punched in, they should reach Akiton with time to spare. Now, how to whittle away two days...

OOC

- Great roll from Akari! With a Drift rating of 1, it's gonna take BD514 two days to reach Akiton - which'll leave you plenty of time to conduct your business in Hivemarket.

- So, this is a perfect opportunity to explore the Downtime mechanics of Starfinder. As you can imagine, moving cargo to and fro across the Pact Worlds is gonna give you a decent amount of time for Downtime. Downtime is measured in days of 24 consecutive hours of Pact Standard Time. During a day in which you don’t do any adventuring, engage in starship combat, use overland movement, or take part in other time-consuming or demanding activities, you can engage in one downtime activity described (you can still engage in a single 8-hour rest). If you begin a downtime activity at the start of a day but that activity is interrupted during the day—for instance, if starship combat breaks out—that downtime activity provides no benefit, and you must start over on a new day. A notable exception to this is the maintain readiness activity (Character Operations Manual, Page 153), which provides a benefit when interrupted.

- In this case, this means you get two Downtime Activities (or can spread one over those two days, if it has a Multiday benefit). You can find a list of Downtime Activities here.

- I'd also like to take the time to establish a watch schedule; Akari's a great pilot and all, but alas most everyone needs sleep at some point. With six crewmembers though each of you would only need to fly the ship for four hours at a time. Maybe something like this? Just a suggestion of course, especially if anyone has any particular preferences for when they're in the pilot's seat, or if they have a different schedule model altogether.

- 12-4 AM: Raenala

- 4-8 AM: Duncan

- 8 AM-12 PM: Davir

- 12-4 PM: Akari

- 4-8 PM: Jin

- 8 PM-12 AM: 'Morgan'

- I'll hold off on moving us to Akiton for a week or so. That'll give people a chance for some RP.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...