Question about characters

I dont mind you doing it at all, and Yes evey skill will be needed for this campaign, mght not be the frist mission but just visiting the commissionaire could save your team in the future. A face in this campaign is going to be a little bit of a slow burn but going to be the uper hero in alot of cases just due to the fact that nrtworking and office politics are still a thing,

Im not sure to understand, if the equipment kit is not going to be a thing for a few missions and face characters are going to be a slow burn, what kind of activities will happen in the early game? i understand that you dont want to make spoilers but you could share 4 or 5 skills that you think will be useful , without revealing the plot, that would help with character creation.

I'm considering an hacker, or a chemist, both rely quite heavily on equipment to do their thing

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

I'm honestly going to try very had to make the skills that come into play, extremely varied, as well as the missions. @Rudra   I kind of already gave a hint at what skills are going to be useful by the free give mes in the requirements. I mentioned Sarkics and the Clockworks too, so linguistics, medicine, Theology , or Machinist could work as well. if your an SCP fan you know some crazy creatures out there, so biology. I mean Research could be a great skill in pre mission prep. I can make an argument for nearly any skill of where it could be useful. I would focus on making the skills you choose to focus on, higher level is probably he best advice I can give. I hope this helped

32 minutes ago, Fnord72 said:

With a horror theme, would there be any appropriate hidden lore's for an occultist?

Absolutely. Don't even need the "hidden lore" skill, you can flat out take occult as mages do exist in this game, just D classes are not going to be running around with high levels of magic. I think of occultism in this game, at least to start with being familiar with rituals that Crowly had, or the rituals that supposedly summon your guardian angels or what colors candles to burn for a witch's crystal circle. I dont expect flat out spells to be known, but having the skill to know in theory how magic works I don't see why not. You could be a D class because you had a run in with a literal ghost are spirit, got possessed killed someone. Only reason im saying no flat out magic right away is you could be an Anomaly and need a cell for other reasons then a D class. The way I see it knowledge of all kinds is permitted, but the actual abilities are the hard line.

11 minutes ago, Fnord72 said:

I was going more with PC was with a group that was going to perform a summoning, and well, it went sideways. Guess D class is better than the death the rest of the group experienced...

Beautiful. works for me! You can even say it was a recruitment thing that went wrong for the Chaos insurgency, The Black Queen or Medician Academy of Occult Art. Warning those the chaos insurgency is really really disliked and would give you some social negatives in the foundation which if you want a disadvantage it's a good way to get it.

just dropping this here for other GURPS players to see.

If any of you other GURPS players here are so inclined, go over to the List of GURPS Players/GMs and add yourselves to the list!

List of GURPS people

If you are a GURPS Player or GM or even just interested in learning and playing more GURPS, please go over and add yourself to the thread by answering a few simple questions on the thread here!

@prophane

@TheDragonOfFlame

@Galedeep

@Jedaii

@Morphling

@matt_s 

@Rudolf

@Michael Silverbane

@pesukarhu

@Bobcloclimar

@taurelin

@TheDude2371

@Bornite

@Svartalf 

@cbenny

@SCARY WIZARD

@Eldritch Butterfly

@Caffeine11

@Jon Walton

@terminaldragon

@3rdDog

@PlayerX

@shawnhcorey

@Angelic Crux

@OgreWattage

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

I only need 2-3 paragraphs. Basically What crime got you into being a D class, and if you want to tell me a little about your D class life, awesome. I placed some give me skills or free bes, and all I really am looking for is what I asked for in there. your character sheet will tell me a bunch too, @fnord

Edited by OgreWattage (see edit history)

I like the idea of this game. Will try to come up with something

First guy would be a survivalist who was already off the grid and took some justice in his own hands and got himself in jail

Second idea would probably be some dark web guy who got in trouble for running a blank market or something