Out-of-Character Stuff

Blue Jay

Heya! As some might noticed I also launched a new game, some would say it a bad timing since one more was recruiting at the time, but since I had to convert it from PF it just happened that way. We have 3 out of a minimum 4 players and a maximum 5. It's for new characters, 1-3 lvl. With a certain lvl 4 by the end (actually leveling during the adventure most likely) and completionists could push to lvl 5. Since I'd prefer to start on Monday which would be tomorrow by my timezone 1 or 2 players would be welcome. Requirements are straightforward, new characters, lvls 1-3, that are approved by Mods. Nothing else as Race and Class is my concern, by now we have: Tiefling Dread Necro 3 II Duskblade 3, Birdfolk 3 II Druid 3 II and Ghostwise Halfling Paladin of Freedom 3 II Rogue 3. Anyone interested can add their character here: Game Link

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)

Alright, the new Arena has been posted in Open Recruiting. I've made changes to the format and some of the rules that I think will make it more enjoyable and easier on the GMs, especially from not having to move arena threads for individual characters around. Now characters will just use the same set of threads. I welcome any comments on the changes or any changes any of you think I should make.

Ok. I think I have my PC reigned back in! For those waiting on me, I sincerely apologize! I should be caught up in my games now and if not, please message me. I will get it all caught up!

6 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Hey all,

I’ve got a health thing coming up. Not an emergency, but I’ll be off-line for a few days.

Take care. See you in a few days.

I was reviewing some of my future characters and realized something: Swordsages don't get Spot as a class skill. They get all the other "scout" skills (Listen, Hide, Move Silently), but not Spot. It's such an odd decision.

2 hours ago, Faeryl_ said:

I was reviewing some of my future characters and realized something: Swordsages don't get Spot as a class skill. They get all the other "scout" skills (Listen, Hide, Move Silently), but not Spot. It's such an odd decision.

Barbarian, Bard and Battle Dancer also get Listen, but not Spot. It bothers me immensely. At least, for the Bard, I can follow the logic ("music, therefore Listen"), but it still doesn't seem like the right design choice in any situation.

Merging Listen and Spot into a single Perception skill was one of the better ideas Pathfinder came up with, in my opinion.

Yeah, combining Listen, Spot, and Search into Perception was certainly one of the better decisions, also one of my GM combined Climb, Jump and Swim into Athletics taking the notebook from 5E I think. It saves so much time when what used to be 6 skills are covered with two.

I tried to rationalize why they get no Spot and went through a myriad of them (one of them being the notion that they are like a spiritual class that more "feels" than "sees" like those demonstrations where man fights with his eyes closed), in the end, I came to terms it's probably an oversight.

2 hours ago, Grudge said:

Yeah, combining Listen, Spot, and Search into Perception was certainly one of the better decisions, also one of my GM combined Climb, Jump and Swim into Athletics taking the notebook from 5E I think. It saves so much time when what used to be 6 skills are covered with two.

I tried to rationalize why they get no Spot and went through a myriad of them (one of them being the notion that they are like a spiritual class that more "feels" than "sees" like those demonstrations where man fights with his eyes closed), in the end, I came to terms it's probably an oversight.

I always find the fact that you can be good at climbing and jumping but now swimming interesting, and amusing. Big, strong, tough guys (and girls) who are then unable to get in to deep water for fear of drowning.